Starting QB Poll

Who do you think will be the starting QB for Tennessee?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
On mobile. No poll showing up. Worley will start. The big question is who will finish the season as the starter...

Who do you think will be the starting QB for Tennessee?
Where's the poll? To be honest, it's really a moot point, to begin with. CBJ and staff have been keeping their cards close to the vest. All we can do is speculate with little to go on.

I think they feel a bit obligated to let Worley start off, seeing he has SEC game experience and he hasn't hurt himself to this point. The first two games will probably be be treated as preseason games. That's the only way for them to tell who is the leader of the group.

Reactions: 2 people
They key here is game experience I've been saying it over and over that will be key to Worley starting and after others get game experience then he will lose the job

Peterman has the best combination of arm strength, mobility, and knowledge of the offense. The other three are all deficient in one or more of those areas. It's Peterman.

If this is the case then why has Worley got most of the 1st team reps?

Reactions: 4 people
Peterman has the best combination of arm strength, mobility, and knowledge of the offense. The other three are all deficient in one or more of those areas. It's Peterman.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I agree with you Fade. :)

I think Peterman's ability to extend plays with his legs is the main reason.

Reactions: 1 person
If this is the case then why has Worley got most of the 1st team reps?

If it's such a foregone conclusion that Worley starts, then why haven't they named him starter with 10 days to go before kickoff? If Worley is the starter then I am more worried than ever because it tells me that the staff are underwhelmed with all the QBs and are starting Worely simply because he's been here longer. Otherwise, he would have been named the starter over a week ago.

If it's such a foregone conclusion that Worley starts, then why haven't they named him starter with 10 days to go before kickoff? If Worley is the starter then I am more worried than ever because it tells me that the staff are underwhelmed with all the QBs and are starting Worely simply because he's been here longer. Otherwise, he would have been named the starter over a week ago.

CBJ is known for waiting until just a few days before season starts to name starting QBs. Also as I've said before it is worley's game experience that wins him the start but he will not hold it once others get the experience not because he has been there longer.

Reactions: 2 people
CBJ is known for waiting until just a few days before season starts to name starting QBs. Also as I've said before it is worley's game experience that wins him the start but he will not hold it once others get the experience not because he has been there longer.

You make some good points, but I'm still gonna say Peterman.

I feel like unless there is something we all don't know about,the competition is not such a huge difference that a clear cut starter can be named right now. So unless something happens between now and game day, I think CBJ is a coach with a lot of class and at least gives JW a chance to see if he can do it. At least so he can say he gave him a chance. JMHO!

VN Store

Back