State Migration Chart 2021

TNVOLNAVY

May God have mercy for my enemies because I won't.
4da746f5f7acbac5.jpg

It’s almost like it’s a pattern. Wonder what it’s related to?

The liberal bucket brigade will be by soon to tamp down the flames.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I do not understand the draw of states including Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, etc. Tennessee is the first state on the list I'd consider.

And in all honesty, it has to do with heat/weather. If Florida and the Cackalackies had lower humidity, there might be reason to consider.

I honestly really miss living in Grand Rapids right now. Great hospitals, great beer, great hot dogs...

I do not understand the draw of states including Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, etc. Tennessee is the first state on the list I'd consider.

And in all honesty, it has to do with heat/weather. If Florida and the Cackalackies had lower humidity, there might be reason to consider.

I honestly really miss living in Grand Rapids right now. Great hospitals, great beer, great hot dogs...
It probably has something to do with freedom. That’s just a guess

It probably has something to do with freedom. That’s just a guess

I've been free in every state I've lived in. Closest I came to not being free was in Mississippi, because the healthcare sucked and was ridiculously expensive. Even then I could go where I wanted, do what I wanted, say what I wanted, etc.

I've been free in every state I've lived in. Closest I came to not being free was in Mississippi, because the healthcare sucked and was ridiculously expensive. Even then I could go where I wanted, do what I wanted, say what I wanted, etc.

Not everyone thinks like you. Some consider things like vaccine mandates and lockdowns to be infringements on freedoms.

Not everyone thinks like you. Some consider things like vaccine mandates and lockdowns to be infringements on freedoms.

I am not saying I have the right mindset and others have a wrong mindset. I just see freedom differently. Don't get me wrong, I am doing my Civic duty and sharing my voice with my representatives (summary: mandates and lockdowns are bad, stop and don't do them again) but in the grand scheme of my life they're just annoyances.

The things that make me free, truly free, are in my heart and can't be taken away. Everything else is just a temporary convenience to me. I learned that mindset from my mother, whose body began to fail shortly after my little brother was born.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
This isn’t about your experiences. This is about a bunch of “poor immigrants” from California moving to free states.

Californians

Ah, yes. The ones who are jacking up property values all over the place because they're paying stupidly high prices for homes.

I'm not being sarcastic. Had a long chat about this with my dad, who is watching his home value creep up as Californians take up residence in Chattanooga and the surrounding areas. He was going to retire, sell, and downsize. Now he's going to ride it out and see how high it can go.

NC has the Research Triangle and beaches, SC has beaches. Maybe the mountains in the eastern Carolinas. That's all I can think of.

Jobs, cost of living, less liberal politics, etc. Pretty self explanatory. Like others have said it’s great as long as they remember why they left the s**t holes.

Being free is a mindset. Many people consider being taxed into servitude and the rat race of trying to get ahead in places like California, New York and Illinois a serious challenge to freedom and their happiness.

I've got family in California, orange county, but they have money..... They are reasonably happy but recently they don't feel safe going out with friends. One had his second home beach condo broken into twice. Luckily while he was away. They no longer feel safe, the police don't enforce laws and the prosecutors don't keep criminals that do get caught locked up. They are considering the move to Florida because it is safer and they love beach life.

And in all honesty, it has to do with heat/weather. Violent crime isIf Florida and the Cackalackies had lower humidity, there might be reason to consider.

I think crime rates have something to do with it as well as weather...fyi violent crime is higher in both Baltimore and flint, MI then in Miami and other big cities in a state with higher population...

I’ve lived in Knox, Memphis, Charlotte, and just south of Charlotte in SC. The ability to be in the mountains in 2.5 hours and the beach in 3 hours is one reason. Many friends we know are now moving from Charlotte into SC due to what others have mentioned plus better public schools. There is a drastic difference in conservatism in state and local policy once you cross the state line…plus a lot more land.

Ah, yes. The ones who are jacking up property values all over the place because they're paying stupidly high prices for homes.

I'm not being sarcastic. Had a long chat about this with my dad, who is watching his home value creep up as Californians take up residence in Chattanooga and the surrounding areas. He was going to retire, sell, and downsize. Now he's going to ride it out and see how high it can go.

Boy they sure are. I can't believe what people are paying for houses around here. Every person I speak to from Cali I tell the same thing (because most gripe about their former state), DO NOT move here and vote for Democrats. Remember why you are here. Don't ruin our great state with high taxes and liberal laws like you did your former state.

The upstate area (Greenville) up through the mountains of NC are great. I could see myself living somewhere over there.

Reactions: 85SugarVol
Most Californians I have seen move in have become conservative and seen the light because of how crappy their state is. The true idiots are from Vermont, NY, Maryland etc who are high tax, anti gun, covid obsessed libs who moved down here because of “crime and costs” in their previous states and want to get “involved on school boards” and such.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

VN Store

Back