State Migration Chart 2021

The upstate area (Greenville) up through the mountains of NC are great. I could see myself living somewhere over there.

I live in Greenville. Plenty of lakes, fishing, hunting, golf, etc. Cost of living isn’t too bad and although there’s a tax on just about everything it isn’t too bad either. Getting back to a game in Knoxville is just a day trip (if you want). Lots of manufacturing jobs and lots of people moving here from liberal places to help fill them.

I do not understand the draw of states including Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, etc. Tennessee is the first state on the list I'd consider.

And in all honesty, it has to do with heat/weather. If Florida and the Cackalackies had lower humidity, there might be reason to consider.

I honestly really miss living in Grand Rapids right now. Great hospitals, great beer, great hot dogs...

Western North Carolina in the mountains is beautiful.
I’d move to the South Carolina coast (Charleston area) tomorrow.

Reactions: Septic and Vol737
NC has the Research Triangle and beaches, SC has beaches. Maybe the mountains in the eastern Carolinas. That's all I can think of.

BMW North America based in SC as well as Boeing in Charleston which has been a huge driver of their economy for the past 10+ years or so. Aiken has grown and I believe has a fair number of DOD/DOE facilities/jobs. Tourism/beaches/mountains in the upstate. Charleston, Greenville/Spartanburg, Hilton Head, etc. Bluffton just next door to HHI has gone completely nuts with growth. Low cost of living, except maybe Charleston/Coastal real estate. They do have state income tax though.

Reactions: Orangeburst
The problem is that the people leaving those liberal crapholes are coming here and voting for the same policies that ruined their state.

Fix your own dang state!

They’re also the ones in their new states running for local government positions, school boards and everything to do with elections including who is manning the precincts and counting the votes.

Plan accordingly to circumvent.

They’re also the ones in their new states running for local government positions, school boards and everything to do with elections including who is manning the precincts and counting the votes.

Plan accordingly to circumvent.

You sound a lot like the senior teacher early in my career who told me I didn't marry into the community, my wife married out.

Show me the time limit / gatekeeping in the Constitution that says a legal resident isn't due the same rights and community responsibilities you are.

You sound a lot like the senior teacher early in my career who told me I didn't marry into the community, my wife married out.

Show me the time limit / gatekeeping in the Constitution that says a legal resident isn't due the same rights and community responsibilities you are.

Exactly what part of getting off one’s a$$ and getting more politically involved locally and encouraging others from your community to do the same in order to circumvent a liberal takeover at local levels do you have an issue with?

If you’re comfortable with liberal garbage policies in your location then do nothing. If you don’t want that crap then do something about it. It’s a fairly simple concept.

Exactly what part of getting off one’s a$$ and getting more politically involved locally and encouraging others from your community to do the same in order to circumvent a liberal takeover at local levels do you have an issue with?

If you’re comfortable with liberal garbage policies in your location then do nothing. If you don’t want that crap then do something about it. It’s a fairly simple concept.

So you're assuming it's liberal citizens moving in. And you're prescribing a negative connotation to liberalism automatically despite it not necessarily reflecting the content of their character.

Maybe give up thinking in unenlightened binary thought and consider that people are individuals and you should get to know them before passing judgment on them?

Reactions: TN Ribs
So you're assuming it's liberal citizens moving in. And you're prescribing a negative connotation to liberalism automatically despite it not necessarily reflecting the content of their character.

Maybe give up thinking in unenlightened binary thought and consider that people are individuals and you should get to know them before passing judgment on them?

A modern liberal is lacking character.

Western North Carolina in the mountains is beautiful.
I’d move to the South Carolina coast (Charleston area) tomorrow.

My folks have a place in wolf laurel just outside of Mars hill/Asheville. It's absolutely breathtaking how beautiful that part of the country is.

Most liberal ideology provides its own negative connotations and has never required my assistance. Time and time again we’ve seen where these refugees of their own politics move and attempt to recreate the same crap they moved away from. Insanity has been described as doing the exact same thing over and over and expecting different results.

It’s called getting a jump on the situation where conservatives must start paying much more attention to their local politics especially in places where just the letter next to a name usually gets the vote or someone runs unopposed.
There are small towns not to far from me in eastern TN that are now under liberal control because the local folks weren’t paying enough attention to what got elected. Now those locals are upset the liberals are trying to bring in their garbage policies and have to wait for the next cycle to vote them out. Involvement on the front end would have avoided that cluster*uck.

Most liberal ideology provides its own negative connotations and has never required my assistance. Time and time again we’ve seen where these refugees of their own politics move and attempt to recreate the same crap they moved away from. Insanity has been described as doing the exact same thing over and over and expecting different results.

It’s called getting a jump on the situation where conservatives must start paying much more attention to their local politics especially in places where just the letter next to a name usually gets the vote or someone runs unopposed.
There are small towns not to far from me in eastern TN that are now under liberal control because the local folks weren’t paying enough attention to what got elected. Now those locals are upset the liberals are trying to bring in their garbage policies and have to wait for the next cycle to vote them out. Involvement on the front end would have avoided that cluster*uck.

Nothing says freedom like suspicion, isolationism, and outgrouping the new folk. An American tradition, centuries old.

4da746f5f7acbac5.jpg
Source?

Nothing says freedom like suspicion, isolationism, and outgrouping the new folk. An American tradition, centuries old.

Trust is earned, not just blindly given.

Blindly trusting can get you snitched on for non-compliance of something by your new lefty neighbors who seemed pretty cool at face value.

Hey, it’s from the lefty playbook rules of engagement but we’ve only just started playing by them, so it’s a learning curve for some, as ours were more laid back in a you do you boo kind of way.

My folks have a place in wolf laurel just outside of Mars hill/Asheville. It's absolutely breathtaking how beautiful that part of the country is.

Yet every time you fly across the region, they look like anthills.

I just looked up Greenville. Charming and reminiscent of a community that many harken

A little bit of country a little bit rock n roll

A humankind tradition hundreds of thousands/millions of years old. I never got this type of American exceptionalism. We didnt invent bad stuff.

A humankind tradition hundreds of thousands/millions of years old. I never got this type of American exceptionalism. We didnt invent bad stuff.
Shh goes against the narrative of why America is “bad and racist” while every other country isn’t

Just curious, Asheville is the most Bohemian area on the east coast side of the Mississippi.

Asheville is super liberal, they treat the homeless really, really well there and then wonder why the crime rate soared after getting the elected officials to defund the po-po. That place is a mess... But the beer is awesome.

VN Store

Back