State of Tennessee Wins the Injunction

It wouldn't be a 10% raise, I am saying my State taxes are usually no more than 1/10th what my federal taxes are. Say for example, I paid in $ 30,000 in federal income tax to the IRS in a given year, my State tax for that same year to the Georgia Department of Revienue would usually be about $ 1,500 to $ 3,000. As other people have said, California, New York, Illinois, those may be different stories.
So you and another fella are comparing notes. Turns out you make EXACTLY the same salary. You live in GA, he lives in TN.

He socks away $3,000 more than you each year. $3,000 last year, another $3,000 this year, and $3,000 next year, and on and on.

At the end of a decade, with smart investing of that bit of difference, he has $50,000 more than you.

He's not gonna buy the Taj Mahal, no, but it is a significant difference.

That's all people are saying.

Go Vols!

So you and another fella are comparing notes. Turns out you make EXACTLY the same salary. You live in GA, he lives in TN.

He socks away $3,000 more than you each year. $3,000 last year, another $3,000 this year, and $3,000 next year, and on and on.

At the end of a decade, with smart investing of that bit of difference, he has $50,000 more than you.

He's not gonna buy the Taj Mahal, no, but it is a significant difference.

That's all people are saying.

Go Vols!
I'm just saying state taxes aren't a huge amount in most states, and while I've never done the adult thing as a Tennessee resident, in my experience most governments including State governments are going to get theirs, one way or another, they just call their coin kettles different things and I suspect that bunch in Nashville is no different. It's worth mentioning for sure, but I don't think it's a silver bullet either.

Reactions: kcvols1
I'm just saying state taxes aren't a huge amount in most states, and while I've never done the adult thing as a Tennessee resident, in my experience most governments including State governments are going to get theirs, one way or another, they just call their coin kettles different things and I suspect that bunch in Nashville is no different. It's worth mentioning for sure, but I don't think it's a silver bullet either.
Do you know that Georgia has a sales tax increase (again) on the ballot?

I just saw that Saban, Baker and Manchin are possibly working together to sort out NIL and restrict NIL formula. I don't know how true but it was briefly mentioned today. Anything Tennessee, Saban is going against and I would not be surprised.

I think it would be straight out hypocrisy for Saban to do such a thing since considering the all $$$$ he accumulated from the AFLAC and Mercedes Benz he raked into it. So NIL should only be a coach thing? IOW, Its ok for me to take money in the form of endorsements or donations, but players should not be allowed to do so.

I just saw that Saban, Baker and Manchin are possibly working together to sort out NIL and restrict NIL formula. I don't know how true but it was briefly mentioned today. Anything Tennessee, Saban is going against and I would not be surprised.

I think it would be straight out hypocrisy for Saban to do such a thing since considering the all $$$$ he accumulated from the AFLAC and Mercedes Benz he raked into it. So NIL should only be a coach thing? IOW, Its ok for me to take money in the form of endorsements or donations, but players should not be allowed to do so.
Manchin is no consensus builder with either party…and he’s not seeking reelection.

Taxes are taxes. Used to be in exchange for a state income tax, your state would have a smaller sales tax. Now your state sales tax is nearly the same as TN's sales tax, which is around 10%.
It's not what we were talking about though, and like I already said, pretty much all governments get theirs, one way or another, though some of them call their coin kettles different things.

Also, objection to referring to Georgia as my "State", I've lived here most of my adult life, but I'm GTFO when I retire.

Last edited:

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
State taxes NORMALLY aren’t that big of a deal. UNLESS you have the misfortune of being an inmate of a state like California or NY. In that case, just go ahead and put some leaches on a vein because it’s practically the same thing
A1F477A0-CA38-402C-8421-B0B84A3EFE77.jpeg

State taxes NORMALLY aren’t that big of a deal. UNLESS you have the misfortune of being an inmate of a state like California or NY. In that case, just go ahead and put some leaches on a vein because it’s practically the same thing
I've always heard they were terrible. Lot of people voting to get the hell out of both places currently with their feet. Unfortunately, many come South and keep voting the way they did out there, which resulted in the situation they are fleeing from.

I've always heard they were terrible. Lot of people voting to get the hell out of both places currently with their feet. Unfortunately, many come South and keep voting the way they did out there, which resulted in the situation they are fleeing from.
Yup, Nashville is rapidly becoming Sacramento on the Cumberland

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
In case you have yet to realize it, Tennessee is a state for political purposes thought to be similar to Texas and Florida by the national media. Few positive stories coming out of Tennessee will get picked up by the national media, so the idea UTAD wins against the NCAA gets buried. Now anything they can push that demonstrates the state is racist, transphobic, or extremist gets widely disseminated. As an example I just heard a college educated female from Virginia for example berating a friend because the friend had a child which chose to go to the HBCU Florida A&M this coming fall. Her reason? Because “everyone knows they hate black people and kill black males every day down there.” That’s the kind of nonsense being promoted about some states of which Tennessee unfairly gets as well.
FAMU is a heck of a good school. Pretty solid golf program on the rise.

Reactions: Remy
I’m not either, but if you think an 18 year old with a million dollars is a recipe for anything other than disaster, you’re kidding yourself.
Again, it's none of your business. It's between the athletes and the NIL collectives/donors, period. What you think isn't pertinent.

Reactions: ohhbother
Perhaps I'm needlessly paranoid. We and the Ut might want to tune down the anti-NCAA hype a bit. Knowing how certain folks and media like to put down Tennessee and all. Our gloating might bite us in the booty.
Source:

By and large states with less taxes do better economically. More money for people to spend helps businesses and the overall economy. Places like California,NewYork and Illinois are taxing themselves out of businesses and people.
Even some of my most liberal friends recognize this.

Reactions: S.C. OrangeMan
An "INCOME TAX" at any level of government is insidious and hurts the people who live under it. Why? Because in that system everytime you get a pay raise the government gets a raise in taxes as well. It's hidden and most don't even think about it.

Reactions: S.C. OrangeMan

VN Store

Back