stop it.

I saw a UT team out there yesterday that will struggle with EVERY SEC team it plays this year. There are zero SEC gifts on the schedule. We are looking at 3-9, 4-8 or maybe 5-7 at best. Injuries could make it worse. Understand we are very thin talent wise but the schedule will catch up with us over the next month to 6 weeks. After that, we will limp home.

Is that you James Franklin?:hi:

We know what we have got and we are going with what we have got this season...so just stop it. Worley is very secure with the ball and Butch is going to get this train rolling, it's just going to take a few seasons. So stop. I'll see you guys next season.

:hi:

CBJ gets three years to turn the program around.....and the clock is ticking

Be afraid, Butch. Be afraid.

I realize you have been on here for a few years, but with any business people have to be held accountable...to sit there and say "be afraid" is a joke...time to wake up! Are you really willing to keep this coach or any other coach if after three years they do not produce? You can't really be serious.

Really? Come back 5 yrs from that....he will still be here...

You will be in minority if CBJ is a loser then.....I like the guy however he has to produce good results eventually. If people in general were bad employees and cost you money would you keep them forever???? So just how many losing seasons would you be willing to endure? 5, 10 15....till they shut the program down??

I realize you have been on here for a few years, but with any business people have to be held accountable...to sit there and say "be afraid" is a joke...time to wake up! Are you really willing to keep this coach or any other coach if after three years they do not produce? You can't really be serious.

I just don't let all of this bother me as much as some (not even referring to you) do. I like Butch, I love this recruiting class and some young talent on this team. I try to take away positives from games (weren't a ton yesterday).

Oregon is just incredibly unique and good. We aren't on the same planet, and not just because of their space age helmets.

Reactions: 1 person
I went into this game with cautious optimism. Optimistic because we were 2-0 and our defense was playing well. Although I was concerned how WKU moved the ball against us.

We obviously still have a lot of work to do. Yes, there were areas I didn't like. I did not like the slow developing run plays. I would have preferred to see us use our talented o-line to drive it down their throats. However, without a capable "consistent" passer under center Oregon stacked the box. I like Worley's decision making, but his accuracy has become a liability.

One of his first throws yesterday without any pressure was thrown into the ground on a 10 yard route. But then he redeemed himself with two nice passes on the TD drive. I thought, okay, here we go. Then he went.

We have to be a balanced team to score and win. Jones has a lot of work to do, but I'm still a believer in him. I figured Oregon would beat us handily and they did.

We can't expect miracles. We've been mediocre for several years now and our talent is depleted. It's going to take some time to turn this around, so let's be realistic.

Ok...I've read enough BS on this post that I have NO CHOICE but to post...I BLEED ORANGE & WHITE...HAVE SINCE I WAS 3 WE WON TGE SUGAR BOWL, I WAS THERE & CARRIED ON DALE JONES SHOULDERS BACK TO THE HOTEL...ITS SAD HOW U NEGAVOLS CAN BRING DOWN THE WHOLE DAMN VOLNATION...I MEAN C'MON, A STADIUM THAT HOLDS A LIL OVER 50,000 PEOPLE IS SO MUCH LOUDER THAN OUR NEYLAND STADIUM??? REALLY??? SHOWS HOW MANY NEGAVOLS WE HAVE...& Y'ALL OUT THERE SAYING ONLY GIVE BUTCH 3 YEARS, ARE NOTHING BUT IDIOTS...HE (JUST LIKE DOOLEY) IS ***TOTALLY REBUILDING OUR PROGRAM*** TO FIT HIS GREAT COACHING STYLE!!! ITS CAUSE OF U NEGAVOLS (AS I SAID YESTERDAY) THAT OUR TEAM, FANS,& RECRUITS CHANGE THEIR MIND TO COME TO THE HILL & Neyland...SO U NEGAVOLS R THE 1S WHO NEED TO GET THE HELL OFF THE Volnation,& ***QUIT*** POSTING CAUSE ALL Y'ALL R DOING IS BRINGING EVERYBODY (FANS, PLAYERS, RECRUITS) DOWN,& I KNOW I'M PERSONALLY SICK & TIRED OF IT, & I CAN *PROMISE* U I'M ***NOT*** THE ONLY 1!!! WE CAN HOLD WELL OVER 100,000 IN NEYLAND BUT CAUSE WE HAVE SO MANY DAMN NEGAVOLS ALREADY AFTER ONLY 3 GAMES CALLING FOR BUTCHS HEAD CAUSE 1 GAME Y'ALL R THE 1S THAT NEED TO GET THE HELL OFF THIS PAGE & UNTIL U CAN ***FULLY SUPPORT OUR (WELL CAN'T SAY OUR CAUSE U DON'T SUPPORT OR STAND BEHIND OUR VOLS) PLAYERS, COACHES, & *REAL & TRUE* FANS...WE'RE SICK OF LISTENING TO U NEGAVOLS...WE REALLY R...ITS 3 GAMES INTO THE SEASON, PLEASE REMEMBER THAT, & STOP CALLING FOR BUTCHS HEAD ALREADY-HE'S A GREAT COACH & ***WILL*** TAKE US FAR, BUT *NOT* IN THE 1ST 3 GAMES, MAYBE NOT IN THE 1ST 8, BUT HE ***WILL*** GET US THERE...

Last edited:
Ok...I've read enough BS on this post that I have NO CHOICE but to post...I BLEED ORANGE & WHITE...HAVE SINCE I WAS 3 WE WON TGE SUGAR BOWL, I WAS THERE & CARRIED ON DALE JONES SHOULDERS BACK TO THE HOTEL...ITS SAD HOW U NEGAVOLS CAN BRING DOWN THE WHOLE DAMN VOLNATION...I MEAN C'MON, A STADIUM THAT HOLDS A LIL OVER 50,000 PEOPLE IS SO MUCH LOUDER THAN OUR NEYLAND STADIUM??? REALLY??? SHOWS HOW MANY NEGAVOLS WE HAVE...& Y'ALL OUT THERE SAYING ONLY GIVE BUTCH 3 YEARS, ARE NOTHING BUT IDIOTS...HE (JUST LIKE DOOLEY) IS ***TOTALLY REBUILDING OUR PROGRAM*** TO FIT HIS GREAT COACHING STYLE!!! ITS CAUSE OF U NEGAVOLS (AS I SAID YESTERDAY) THAT OUR TEAM, FANS,& RECRUITS CHANGE THEIR MIND TO COME TO THE HILL & Neyland...SO U NEGAVOLS R THE 1S WHO NEED TO GET THE HELL OFF THE Volnation,& ***QUIT*** POSTING CAUSE ALL Y'ALL R DOING IS BRINGING EVERYBODY (FANS, PLAYERS, RECRUITS) DOWN,& I KNOW I'M PERSONALLY SICK & TIRED OF IT, & I CAN *PROMISE* U I'M ***NOT*** THE ONLY 1!!! WE CAN HOLD WELL OVER 100,000 IN NEYLAND BUT CAUSE WE HAVE SO MANY DAMN NEGAVOLS ALREADY AFTER ONLY 3 GAMES CALLING FOR BUTCHS HEAD CAUSE 1 GAME Y'ALL R THE 1S THAT NEED TO GET THE HELL OFF THIS PAGE & UNTIL U CAN ***FULLY SUPPORT OUR (WELL CAN'T SAY OUR CAUSE U DON'T SUPPORT OR STAND BEHIND OUR VOLS) PLAYERS, COACHES, & *REAL & TRUE* FANS...WE'RE SICK OF LISTENING TO U NEGAVOLS...WE REALLY R...ITS 3 GAMES INTO THE SEASON, PLEASE REMEMBER THAT, & STOP CALLING FOR BUTCHS HEAD ALREADY-HE'S A GREAT COACH & ***WILL*** TAKE US FAR, BUT *NOT*

Stop yelling.

The yelling has made my ears ring.

CBJ got a good look at what big time college football looks like. I am confident his Christmas wish list includes many players with talent equl to Oregon's squad.

CBJ will be here for many years. I am a patient vols fan.

I'm not sure this Train will ever leave the Station with Worley as the conductor.....all aboard

Sorry bout the yelling the Negavols have me so freaking pissed off...I apologize...& the 1s that said it was easy to stop reading, u HAVE to be a Negavol!!! Without a doubt...but I do apologize for yelling so much, it just pisses me off that not only r there so many Negavols, but that they r already calling for Butchs head which is BS...give a Coach (who's a great Coach) a chance to turn a program around...Do y'all wanna keep doing the same thing over & over fir the next 10-15 years...hire a coach, then fire him cause u Negavols think he's not doing good enough??? Cause that's ALL we've done since Fulmer left...give somebody a chance & stop calling for somebodys head after 1 game...that's just BEYOND ridiculous!!! & again, I apologize for the yelling, like I said, the Negavols just have me so pissed off...if ur a fan, *DON'T* be a fair weather fan, bleed Orange & White (like u lie & say u do)...

Look Bear Bryant would have had the same result, with this team in oregon. We hit the perfect storm, their strengths are pointed at our weaknesses, This is going to be a bigger rebuilding process than Majors had back in the 70's. For those of you that remember those days we didnt give up and cry like babies when we lost. We picked our selves up put on our orange and dared anyone to say anything, because we knew it would take a while but payback would be sweet. keep the faith, keep going to the games, we will get better. This year will be tough, but dont let the kids down.GBO!

Ok...I've read enough BS on this post that I have NO CHOICE but to post...I BLEED ORANGE & WHITE...HAVE SINCE I WAS 3 WE WON TGE SUGAR BOWL, I WAS THERE & CARRIED ON DALE JONES SHOULDERS BACK TO THE HOTEL...ITS SAD HOW U NEGAVOLS CAN BRING DOWN THE WHOLE DAMN VOLNATION...I MEAN C'MON, A STADIUM THAT HOLDS A LIL OVER 50,000 PEOPLE IS SO MUCH LOUDER THAN OUR NEYLAND STADIUM??? REALLY??? SHOWS HOW MANY NEGAVOLS WE HAVE...& Y'ALL OUT THERE SAYING ONLY GIVE BUTCH 3 YEARS, ARE NOTHING BUT IDIOTS...HE (JUST LIKE DOOLEY) IS ***TOTALLY REBUILDING OUR PROGRAM*** TO FIT HIS GREAT COACHING STYLE!!! ITS CAUSE OF U NEGAVOLS (AS I SAID YESTERDAY) THAT OUR TEAM, FANS,& RECRUITS CHANGE THEIR MIND TO COME TO THE HILL & Neyland...SO U NEGAVOLS R THE 1S WHO NEED TO GET THE HELL OFF THE Volnation,& ***QUIT*** POSTING CAUSE ALL Y'ALL R DOING IS BRINGING EVERYBODY (FANS, PLAYERS, RECRUITS) DOWN,& I KNOW I'M PERSONALLY SICK & TIRED OF IT, & I CAN *PROMISE* U I'M ***NOT*** THE ONLY 1!!! WE CAN HOLD WELL OVER 100,000 IN NEYLAND BUT CAUSE WE HAVE SO MANY DAMN NEGAVOLS ALREADY AFTER ONLY 3 GAMES CALLING FOR BUTCHS HEAD CAUSE 1 GAME Y'ALL R THE 1S THAT NEED TO GET THE HELL OFF THIS PAGE & UNTIL U CAN ***FULLY SUPPORT OUR (WELL CAN'T SAY OUR CAUSE U DON'T SUPPORT OR STAND BEHIND OUR VOLS) PLAYERS, COACHES, & *REAL & TRUE* FANS...WE'RE SICK OF LISTENING TO U NEGAVOLS...WE REALLY R...ITS 3 GAMES INTO THE SEASON, PLEASE REMEMBER THAT, & STOP CALLING FOR BUTCHS HEAD ALREADY-HE'S A GREAT COACH & ***WILL*** TAKE US FAR, BUT *NOT* IN THE 1ST 3 GAMES, MAYBE NOT IN THE 1ST 8, BUT HE ***WILL*** GET US THERE...

staaaaarting now.

Sorry bout the yelling the Negavols have me so freaking pissed off...I apologize...& the 1s that said it was easy to stop reading, u HAVE to be a Negavol!!! Without a doubt...but I do apologize for yelling so much, it just pisses me off that not only r there so many Negavols, but that they r already calling for Butchs head which is BS...give a Coach (who's a great Coach) a chance to turn a program around...Do y'all wanna keep doing the same thing over & over fir the next 10-15 years...hire a coach, then fire him cause u Negavols think he's not doing good enough??? Cause that's ALL we've done since Fulmer left...give somebody a chance & stop calling for somebodys head after 1 game...that's just BEYOND ridiculous!!! & again, I apologize for the yelling, like I said, the Negavols just have me so pissed off...if ur a fan, *DON'T* be a fair weather fan, bleed Orange & White (like u lie & say u do)...

You're right...I wasn't carried around by Dale Jones and wasn't a Dooley supporter, I'm most definitely not a true fan.

We got run out of Oregon with our tails tucked. Okay. Not a problem. CBJ will get the horses.

Games are won in the trenches. The big boys win and lose games in major college football. It is technique that wins; technique, size and speed. QB is important but I want my team to control the off and def line. Win in the trenches.

We got killed in the trenches. CBJ will get it done.

This^^^^^^

The goal this year should be to hold the class together. We are a very bad team. Maybe the worst we've had in recent history. It is what it is.

I think I remember *numerous* times in the last 2 seasons that all you Negavols said that it was the "worst team we've had in years"...there's a difference in playing a #2 team with a hell of a lot of depth, & playing a no name team like Austin Peay that my hometeam (who truly r a joke) played yesterday...We just don't have the depth right now like we will in the next 2 seasons or so...next season we'll have an even better team, Coach juat needs to realize that worley ain't the QB we need on the field...Peterman looked good yesterday, sharp & good passes!!! Let's Go Big Orange... ***VFL***!!!

So one guy is saying that Derek Dooley got screwed and will exact his revenge on Tennessee, and another is blaming fans that are weary from what is going on one decade of substandard Tennessee football for turning recruits off to the program, while the recruiting class is near the top in all major rankings.

Does being a "true fan" first require one to suffer extensive brain damage? If so, count me out.

You're right...I wasn't carried around by Dale Jones and wasn't a Dooley supporter, I'm most definitely not a true fan.

Never said that Dale carrying me made me a TRUE fan...but me not calling for every coaches head,& ALWAYS supporting my team through the good, bad, & ugly, DOES make me a TRUE fan...I wear my Orange proudly whether we win or lose...& supporting our team & coaches while NOT scaring off recruits cause of what *you as well as the other Negavols say bout our players & coaches after 1 loss*-That's what makes me a true fan!!! I was just stating that when I was 3 & Dale carried me back after winning the National Championship is what started my blood being Orange!!!

So one guy is saying that Derek Dooley got screwed and will exact his revenge on Tennessee, and another is blaming fans that are weary from what is going on one decade of substandard Tennessee football for turning recruits off to the program, while the recruiting class is near the top in all major rankings.

Does being a "true fan" first require one to suffer extensive brain damage? If so, count me out.

I'm VERY proud of what Coach has done with recruiting for next season, but I personally (which I know my opinion means & counts for nothing) think some recruits were turned off by the Negavols the last season or 2 before Butch got here!!! I'm proud & extremely excited for what Butch & the other Coaches have done in regards to the awesome recruting class if 2014!!! ***GO BIG ORANGE***!!! ***VFL***!!!

Allow me to correct you on something. It isn't negavols that are criticizing BJ. It's the opposite. Negavols like myself knew exactly what we were up against yesterday and the result wasot surprising at all. By contrast, the homers who posted absurdity like we were equal in talent and that Oregon was overrated are the ones that are unhinged this morning and posting the absurdities you now read.

Never said that Dale carrying me made me a TRUE fan...but me not calling for every coaches head,& ALWAYS supporting my team through the good, bad, & ugly, DOES make me a TRUE fan...I wear my Orange proudly whether we win or lose...& supporting our team & coaches while NOT scaring off recruits cause of what *you as well as the other Negavols say bout our players & coaches after 1 loss*-That's what makes me a true fan!!! I was just stating that when I was 3 & Dale carried me back after winning the National Championship is what started my blood being Orange!!!

Please find one post I've ever made that had me talking bad about players....Or one post saying the sky is falling and we need to fire Jones because we lost yesterday.....I'll wait.

VN Store

Back