Strassburg shutdown opion thread

wow I don't pretend to know what the recovery is like but I just don't get this. Seems it has been ridiculously mishandled and screws his team

Braves only 6.5 back...it's not impossible.

lol nice excuse by the Nats. You've been toying with him all season, he has rough start, and now he has mental issues. What a mess.

The thing Washington doesn't realize...

Strasburg seems absolutely pissed about this, and it seems they have ruined any chance of keeping him long term.

Cant believe they did this, if they fail to make the the playoffs, im done.. poor management from top to bottom..the whole staff and front office should be fired, im pissed..

Cant believe they did this, if they fail to make the the playoffs, im done.. poor management from top to bottom..the whole staff and front office should be fired, im pissed..

Don't worry, they'll make the playoffs

I just dont know why you shut a the best pitcher you have down, right before the playoffs. Some place where the team has never been before.. now if we werent in the playoff hunt i could understand, but now? Makes no sense..

I just dont know why you shut a the best pitcher you have down, right before the playoffs. Some place where the team has never been before.. now if we werent in the playoff hunt i could understand, but now? Makes no sense..

This is what is mind blowing. Gio has pitched circles around him. Strasburg isn't close to the Nats best pitcher this year. He's good, but Gio can steal the Cy Young from Dickey still.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

This is what is mind blowing. Gio has pitched circles around him. Strasburg isn't close to the Nats best pitcher this year. He's good, but Gio can steal the Cy Young from Dickey still.

Lol. Define "pitched circles around him" for me.

statistically, he has been just as good, if not better, than Gio.

Gio has a better ERA, more IP yet has allowed fewer HR, and a better WAR. Technically, his WHIP is even marginally better.

I hope the Nats lose in the playoffs & implode the next 10 years because of the stupidity of this decision.

Ok, Strasburg has more strikeouts despite far fewer IP. So that's fun.
WAR is a counting stat... Strasburg having an innings limit is the cause for the lower WAR.

Gio WAR/IP: 0.0271
Stras War/IP: 0.0270

Really pitching circles around him.

Gio K/BB: 2.81
Stras K/BB: 4.10

Gio FIP: 2.85
Stras FIP: 2.83

Gio has been brilliant. But the "Strasburg isn't close to the Nats best pitcher this year" notion is crazy.

The only 'but' that should come after "Strasburg's good" is the fact that he has an innings limit and arm health is a concern.

you probably hope this regardless of this decision... so...

No. I'm a casual Braves/baseball fan. Winning a championship is difficult in any sport. Seeing a team squander an opportunity cause they think they have better chance next year is stupid. Carp a denim as the roman fishermen would say.

VN Store

Back