Supreme Court agrees to hear NCAA athlete compensation case

Personally I’d like to see the destruction of college sports as we now know them. I’d like to see the NFL and NBA be forced to set up a farm league system and collegiate sports go back to a more student-athlete model.

If done properly that seems more equitable for everyone. For those players who really are more interested in getting a degree and having athletic scholarships pave the way well, welcome to student athletics. If you really are one of that handful of people gifted enough that collegiate play is little more than a stepping stone and the academic part is, if anything, a hindrance then give them somewhere to play, develop and get paid.

Reactions: hog88
If done properly that seems more equitable for everyone. For those players who really are more interested in getting a degree and having athletic scholarships pave the way well, welcome to student athletics. If you really are one of that handful of people gifted enough that collegiate play is little more than a stepping stone and the academic part is, if anything, a hindrance then give them somewhere to play, develop and get paid.

Baseball has done it right IMO and the NFL and NBA need to copy (too a point) the MLB farm system and draft eligibility.

Baseball has done it right IMO and the NFL and NBA need to copy (too a point) the MLB farm system and draft eligibility.

Haven't kept up with everything so it may have already been mentioned but are you familiar with the NBA's G-League?

It will be interesting to see things evolve if the SC crushes the NCAA.

I wholeheartedly believe these players have a right to be paid but also believe it will make it all less interesting to many fans.

Reactions: tvolsfan
well thats alright they go to a not-for-profit university

dclzm.jpg

VN Store

Back