Survivor - Edge Of Extinction

Not a fan of Edge of Extinction don't think I'll watch another season if EOE is a part of it and truthfully this wasn't one of their better seasons. Tony deserved to win and Ben come on dude that was crap.

The biggest problem with Survivor in recent seasons is that the conversations at tribal do not reflect the footage we're seeing. It's confounding. Out of nowhere Sarah makes this point about gender and then we get 10 opinions about that topic as if what she was saying was valid, but the viewer has no frame of reference.

The biggest problem with Survivor in recent seasons is that the conversations at tribal do not reflect the footage we're seeing. It's confounding. Out of nowhere Sarah makes this point about gender and then we get 10 opinions about that topic as if what she was saying was valid, but the viewer has no frame of reference.

Agree, way to much discussion of social issues. Play the damn game.

Agree, way to much discussion of social issues. Play the damn game.

It's not even about that for me, it's that they didn't set it up. Half the episodes somebody gets voted out after we barely saw them discussed as an option, if at all.

Not a fan of Edge of Extinction don't think I'll watch another season if EOE is a part of it and truthfully this wasn't one of their better seasons. Tony deserved to win and Ben come on dude that was crap.
I saw somewhere online yesterday, a Reddit forum maybe, there was a podcast that explained Probst was a big proponent of EoE but enough fans have complained about it that the show has decided to shelve players going to edge of extinction on future seasons. Supposedly Probst wanted EoE to be an every season thing.

It's not even about that for me, it's that they didn't set it up. Half the episodes somebody gets voted out after we barely saw them discussed as an option, if at all.
I've thought for a while the show doesn't want viewers to be able to always guess who's getting voted out. They've jumped on the blindside wagon. They always make a big deal about players being blindsided and I think they edit the shows to try to help that view along. Maybe they think if they can keep fans guessing about who's getting voted out they'll stay fans longer.

I've thought for a while the show doesn't want viewers to be able to always guess who's getting voted out. They've jumped on the blindside wagon. They always make a big deal about players being blindsided and I think they edit the shows to try to help that view along. Maybe they think if they can keep fans guessing about who's getting voted out they'll stay fans longer.

Idk who it's for. People in my circles don't like it. Klostermann is a superfan and he was crushing it on a pod last week. He also had a suggestion to make episodes 30 minutes longer and focus on the interpersonal stuff. That used to be a huge part of the show and now we know so little about the contestants and how they vibe.

I saw somewhere online yesterday, a Reddit forum maybe, there was a podcast that explained Probst was a big proponent of EoE but enough fans have complained about it that the show has decided to shelve players going to edge of extinction on future seasons. Supposedly Probst wanted EoE to be an every season thing.
I wasn’t the biggest fan of EoE either. Like you guys discussed, it makes for a scenario where it’s almost advantageous to be voted out as early as possible. I remember they did at least one season (Redemption Island, maybe?) where each week they had a head to head challenge to see who got to stay, and eventually one player got to return. I liked that setup much better.

Reactions: hog88
Idk who it's for. People in my circles don't like it. Klostermann is a superfan and he was crushing it on a pod last week. He also had a suggestion to make episodes 30 minutes longer and focus on the interpersonal stuff. That used to be a huge part of the show and now we know so little about the contestants and how they vibe.
I'd be for it. I'd like to be able to see more of what's going on between players. I don't like not knowing why players are aligned as tight as they are. Or why some have a strong desire to vote others out. Limiting themselves to an hour with reward and immunity challenges doesn't leave enough time to really get into the meat of the show when it comes to the player interactions of who's getting voted out.

I wasn’t the biggest fan of EoE either. Like you guys discussed, it makes for a scenario where it’s almost advantageous to be voted out as early as possible. I remember they did at least one season (Redemption Island, maybe?) where each week they had a head to head challenge to see who got to stay, and eventually one player got to return. I liked that setup much better.
I think it was the same podcast suggested that Redemption Island may make a return in future seasons in place of EoE. I'm not sure if I've seen anything with redemption island. There's still around 10 seasons in the middle I haven't seen. Probably one day.

Good

This would have been a good add early on. I was wondering what made Ben so against Jeremy from the start but it was never explained:

-Ben said the real reason he didn’t trust Jeremy was because day one, when everyone got on the beach, he approached Jeremy and basically said “I’m a huge fan of yours, I want to work together. Me and you can link up with Sarah and tony on the other side and make a heroes alliance. Let’s take this to the end” and Jeremy said sure but the moment Ben walked away he caught Jeremy looking at the camera and do a “get a load of this guy/who is this clown” type reaction

Thread of interesting things players have mentioned in post finale interviews : survivor

Reactions: n_huffhines

It's an advantage if you don't break. Ethan, Danni, and Amber were 2-4 on EoE and they fkn broke. Rob did too. So many tears from Rob

Yes, I noticed the editing changes a few years ago the producers were doing during that period of time before a tribe went to a tribal council. In previous years it always highlighted the top 2 candidates being discussed who were likely to be voted out. Now they mix in all the little side conversations where players discuss 5 different choices of who is going to be voted off and edit those in in an effort to try and throw off the audience.

I agree that the gender bias conversation came out of nowhere. It felt like a throwback to last season when the serial fondler was finally removed from the show.

It's an advantage if you don't break. Ethan, Danni, and Amber were 2-4 on EoE and they fkn broke. Rob did too. So many tears from Rob

I don't think it was so much that EoE broke those players I think their emotions came more from their overall survivor journey spanning decades for some. I got the impression that for some of those players this was the last time they ever intended on participating in the show so that is what brought out the water works.

I'm with most others in that I'm not a big fan of EoE but with regard to this season only and them bringing back previous winners I think it worked. It allowed the fans of those winners to see more of their favorite player(s) even though they were voted off. I wouldn't use EoE on any sort of regular basis.

As for the fire tokens, other than allowing Natalie to come back into the game with an idle I still have no idea as to how much those really made any impact to the overall game. It definitely seems like a pointless concept when not paired with EoE.

Going back through old seasons of Survivor that I never watched.

I can't believe how good it was in back-to-back seasons (18 and 19) with Coach and JT and then Russell and Shambo. Holy ****, these are the best characters. I knew Russell and Coach from later seasons but the old stuff was so much better.

Anybody watching this season? I think it's been pretty good so far.

First off, the hottest chic on the show is almost always voted off first. I forget her name, she has been gone weeks but she was yummy. Shady people all over this season. Xander the one guy left on the whatever tribe does all the work during challenges and wins them yet the rest of his tribe want to kick him off strictly because he has a dlck. Stupid! Shan is a nasty little trifling, manipulative ho. She thinks she is queen shlt.

Did anyone watch the Survivor finale?

I actually thought this season was really good. I thought all the changes they made to the game made it even more interesting compared to a regular season.

Here is where I stop the praise though. I thought of the final 3 it should have been Xander. That guy played a hell of a game. Erica had a few good moves but nothing like what Xander had to deal with IMO. I believe he also managed to not piss a lot of people off like Deshawn. When I saw the vote results where Deshawn gets 2 votes, Erica gets all the others and Xander doesn’t get a single vote, not one. I’m at a complete loss for what went on here.

What!?

Xander should have won but too many people in the jury never wanted him to do well in this game and they were never gonna change their minds about him.

He obviously had issues reading the room but he still kicked ass.

I was thinking Xander too. When it's close, which I think these three were, your vote probably moves elsewhere, like personality or narrative. And it's perception. The jury sees it way different than we do.

And someone should send Heather's fire string to a lab.

And whatever happened to searching for idols. Folks are way too scared to look for idols.

Average season.

I was thinking Xander too. When it's close, which I think these three were, your vote probably moves elsewhere, like personality or narrative. And it's perception. The jury sees it way different than we do.

And someone should send Heather's fire string to a lab.

And whatever happened to searching for idols. Folks are way too scared to look for idols.

Average season.

Yeah, it didn’t seem like her string wanted to break. I was shocked that Deshawn beat her. I still can’t believe Deshawn got votes and Xander got none.

Am confused by the jury vote. Such glowing compliments from them before the vote and almost advocating for him to win. And then no votes. Although who knows what was edited out.

Whatever. This whole season was kinda meh IMO. I’ve probably said it before in this thread but I think they’re trying to do too much with surprise twists and new changes.

This past season on Survivor and Big Brother bored me to death. Had to try really hard to watch. Usually just fast forward through to get high points. If Amazing Race follows suit with the suckage I’ll be done.

New season starts tonight. From the looks of the cast it’s either going to be a huge war of the SJW or it’s going to be a snooze fest.

Reactions: hog88

VN Store

Back