Swain on the d-line

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Caught the beginning of his show today. He sounded quite giddy about the defensive line play during the scrimmage.

"Oh man, that defensive line was a problem on Friday. I don't think we had a yard rushing. I don't remember a single yard that was gained by the offense." [we had several guys out on offense, so the defense had the advantage before you even snapped the ball].

Definitely excited about the D-line. Best and deepest position group on the team sounds like, but is anyone else slightly concerned about the O-line depth? Our starting group seems solid but after that it seems like it gets a little dicey.

Last edited:
Caught the beginning of his show today. He sounded quite giddy about the defensive line play during the scrimmage.

"Oh man, that defensive line was a problem on Friday. I don't think we had a yard rushing. I don't remember a single yard that was gained by the offense." [we had several guys out on offense, so the defense had the advantage before you even snapped the ball].
If the O didn’t rush for a yard, why did Heupel single out Bishop as having a good scrimmage?

Gotta live in both Carolinas, Georgia and Virginia for defensive and offensive line recruiting. Of course, get the top talent in state and top talent nationally, but there is just something in the water and culture of that region that cranks out the best linemen. It's always been this way

MAKE SURE RODNEY GARNER RETIRES IN KNOXVILLE and spend whatever he wants and whatever it takes.

Auburn will be gunning for Garner again, once Freeze gets them going. Don't let Garner leave again, especially to a rival.......

Last edited:
Ainge said on this radio show today the Fulmer told him that Pierce reminded him of Leonard Little. High praise, and accurate IMO.
Little was 6-3 Pierce 6-5, the big difference is Pearce wing spread, both great D-lineman. I look for Pearce to bat down or effect a lot of passes along with the sacks.

Last edited:
Nah. James Pearce is not Myles Garrett. Nobody is. Garrett is a generational player in the mold of Reggie White and Bruce Smith. We'll probably not see another defensive end like Myles Garrett for another decade.
Pearce is a Junior. Way too early to make that claim. Also, too early to put them in the same class as White and Smith.

Nah. James Pearce is not Myles Garrett. Nobody is. Garrett is a generational player in the mold of Reggie White and Bruce Smith. We'll probably not see another defensive end like Myles Garrett for another decade.
lol , the only play more overrated than Garrett was Albert haynesworth. Sheesh

VN Store

Back