SweetAsSoda GoFundMe

About a year and a half ago I was at the lowest point in my life. My wife had lost a very good job due to COVID and the economy. I had taken a second job that just wasn't getting it done. Our dreams of running a rescue were coming down around us. My chest was heavy, I felt like I was dying. I was just hanging on, I posted my testament when I told God I surrender. I can't do it, please take control.

SAS and a few other kind souls suggested I start a go fund me. I was reluctant but I was in no position to be proud. The generosity and encouragement she and others offered kept us going. We've had to scale back our rescue efforts. We don't take in any new animals, we just care for the commitments we've already made. We are just treading water and keeping our farm afloat.

I've got no money to offer but can only offer my testament to the kind of person she was/is. If you can give anything please do. She was a special person. I will never forget her kindness when I had all but given up, her generosity and the generosity of others sustained us and gave us hope when we were drowning!

Rest in glory SAS!

@Freak

Is there any way we can spread the word of this through more forums? I know SAS was mostly a RF regular, but maybe posters in other forums will find it in their hearts to help the family of a fallen Volunteer?
Good idea. This site has helped so many people before and this is a semi-niche forum. We can easily raise the $7,000.

I went to the funeral home last night. She had the most beautiful flowers I’d ever seen around her. She was definitely a special person, one that was full of love and compassion. She had a bouquet that was Tennessee Volunteers themed that was amazing. So sad, she definitely left here too soon. My heart and prayers goes to her family. Her husband looked so lost last night. 🥲

We need MOAR STEAM come volunteers let’s help this family out 👊

I went to the funeral home last night. She had the most beautiful flowers I’d ever seen around her. She was definitely a special person, one that was full of love and compassion. She had a bouquet that was Tennessee Volunteers themed that was amazing. So sad, she definitely left here too soon. My heart and prayers goes to her family. Her husband looked so lost last night. 🥲
Thank you so much for keeping us informed. Sweet was one of a kind.

I saw someone in RF mention a tribute wall or something to leave comments. Was that on the Gofundme and I missed it or is it somewhere else.

Reactions: rgvol and ugg
I saw someone in RF mention a tribute wall or something to leave comments. Was that on the Gofundme and I missed it or is it somewhere else.
The tribute page can be found on her online obituary. @VOLSONLY shared it but I've lost the link.

Edit: found it

That's sad for them, but, gotta think about all the love and compassion she brought them for years she was here. I mean, just look at the legacy she left with folks she'd never met. Pretty special.

Continuing to pray, specifically for her husband. I know she had mentioned some past demons that he has struggled with. Praying that this terrible tragedy moves him closer to God and not further away.

I posted about the tribute wall, which is separate from the tribute book
One is something you buy, the one I posted you navigate to this link and just leave a comment

You will see a tab that says tribute wall, click on that and send your love

It is right under her name on this page

https://www.laynefuneralhome.co/obituaries/Greta-Carrick?obId=32163518

VN Store

Back