Syrian Kurds are close to declaring Independence

Articles supplied imply that we haven't left. Seems like you should be cheering.
Why should I be cheering? Trumps idiotic move was still idiotic. I guess you should be pitching a fit that we are still there. Wasn't "bringing our troops home" your rallying cry?

"We left troops behind only for the oil." - Donald Trump

Not only does this change the mission from hunting terrorists to guarding petrochemicals, but the terrorists can thank the POTUS for a pretty good piece of intel on where to attack our troops.

Also, Trump has added 15,000 troops to the theater this year alone.

Who is this guy working for? It isn't the American people.

Reactions: Velo Vol

"We left troops behind only for the oil." - Donald Trump

Not only does this change the mission from hunting terrorists to guarding petrochemicals, but the terrorists can thank the POTUS for a pretty good piece of intel on where to attack our troops.

Also, Trump has added 15,000 troops to the theater this year alone.

Who is this guy working for? It isn't the American people.

While I disagree with having troops there the premise is sound. Keep the terrorist groups from getting the oil you keep money out of their hands AND you cut supply to Turkey. Much of the funding for ISIS came from oil sales to Turkey.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I'm so old I can remember it being argued that once the US established oil "independence" that we'd be able to leave the Middle East.

Trump has to reconcile his past statements with the current situation. That being to the effect of, "We should have kept the oil."

That and knowing how the Tea Party folk used to wet themselves a little every time Palin said "Drill Baby, Drill", he probably figures he can captialize on the same spirit, somehow.

Trump has to reconcile his past statements with the current situation. That being to the effect of, "We should have kept the oil."

That and knowing how the Tea Party folk used to wet themselves a little every time Palin said "Drill Baby, Drill", he probably figures he can captialize on the same spirit, somehow.

This view pre-dates Trump on the national stage.

Dig a little deeper into the oil sales to Turkey. Tell me if you think Trump is in anyway complicit in trying to sweep things under the rug.

Trump Urged Top Aide to Help Giuliani Client Facing DOJ Charges

Really reaching with that article.

Also don't you think that with all of the people within the .gov and WH that supposedly hate Trump, these same people that think undermining him is their patriotic duty ONE would have gone on record by now? Just 1 out the hundreds of reports of Trumps misbehavior would include a named source.

Really reaching with that article.

Also don't you think that with all of the people within the .gov and WH that supposedly hate Trump, these same people that think undermining him is their patriotic duty ONE would have gone on record by now? Just 1 out the hundreds of reports of Trumps misbehavior would include a named source.

It goes deeper, with financing of Trump's tower and such, but I won't drag you down that hole.

I guess the bigger point is, what mechanisms are in place to stop Iranian/rouge oil trading with Turkey? What are we gonna do about it, if we won't sanction Turkey... guard a few oil wells?

It goes deeper, with financing of Trump's tower and such, but I won't drag you down that hole.

I guess the bigger point is, what mechanisms are in place to stop Iranian/rouge oil trading with Turkey? What are we gonna do about it, if we won't sanction Turkey... guard a few oil wells?

Iran is a completely different subject. What you refuse to acknowledge is most of ISIS' funding came from selling oil to Turkey, guarding the oil prevents another terrorist organization, what remains of ISIS or Assad from profiting from them.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Iran is a completely different subject. What you refuse to acknowledge is most of ISIS' funding came from selling oil to Turkey, guarding the oil prevents another terrorist organization, what remains of ISIS or Assad from profiting from them.

Not ignoring that. Turkey won't care who the oil gets laundered through, it's already the black market.

If we are being strategic, I guess it will help, but our overall strategy in Syria shouldn't be to act as security guards for oil wells.

Not ignoring that. Turkey won't care who the oil gets laundered through, it's already the black market.

If we are being strategic, I guess it will help, but our overall strategy in Syria shouldn't be to act as security guards for oil wells.

I agree, our strategy should be to get the hell out.

Why should I be cheering? Trumps idiotic move was still idiotic. I guess you should be pitching a fit that we are still there. Wasn't "bringing our troops home" your rallying cry?
"Never wanted us there in the first place and have been against it since day one". Been consistent on it too. Never went on thread long rants though.

VN Store

Back