T.S.A. At It Again

Nothing wrong with the idea of the TSA, it's just that the government shouldn't implement it. The airlines should do their own security.

Reactions: 1 person
Private sector kicks their ass every time .

Not when it comes to enforcing laws. Private sectors tend to have their best interest in mind. But, I am of the opinion the TSA serves a purpose and dont have a problem (generally) with the agency.

Not when it comes to enforcing laws. Private sectors tend to have their best interest in mind. But, I am of the opinion the TSA serves a purpose and dont have a problem (generally) with the agency.

But it's been shown that they target the disabled, the elderly, and pretty women. They are incompetent and have done nothing to stop a terrorist attack.

Many people don't have a problem with the TSA...

Until they molest your child for being a suspected terrorist threat.

You don't think not having your planes blown up in mid-air isn't in their best interest?

You don't think not having your planes blown up in mid-air isn't in their best interest?

You think the publicity of searching the granny of the CFO of Southwest Airlines might have a ripple effect? Yeah, Al Queda is watching and if we dont search grannies guess whos wearing an explosive depends...

You think the publicity of searching the granny of the CFO of Southwest Airlines might have a ripple effect? Yeah, Al Queda is watching and if we dont search grannies guess whos wearing an explosive depends...

Not the point. I think private security can do very well in securing the airports and airlines from terrorist attacks. I agree there needs to be law enforcement and judicial support for when someone crosses the line and conducts a criminal act. I don't think TSA needs to be staffing security check points. Their role should be similar to the FDA-- publish the regulations, conduct audits to enforce standards and be able to shut down an airport if they don't meet the standards. As it is now, TSA is focused too much on those security check points and have a back log of flawed regulations and procedures that desperately need updating. Plus, there are huge parts of the security problem that get only a small percentage of focus because they are generally out of sight of the public.

these people are so smart. I feel much safer with them protecting the skies

The TSA "saw" my Bitcoin and wanted to count it. - National Libertarian | Examiner.com

He continued, “We saw Bitcoin in your bag and need to check.” I asked, “Do you have a superior officer because I don’t think you know what you’re talking about.” The blue shirt replied by repeating that they were in charge, but if I didn’t answer his questions he could call law enforcement and have me taken into custody. I turned back to the orange shirt and asked “What do you think you saw? What did the Bitcoin look like?”

At this point Bill told the agent that what he was saying was impossible because Bitcoin is digital and doesn’t have have any physical manifestation. You can’t “see” Bitcoin. The orange shirt said they looked like medallions or tokens.

the interesting thing is someone had to mention coins or bitcoins to them. To mention it specifically yet be so ignorant of what it actually is just screams govt work

Lmfao

I would have keeled over laughing if that happened to me. The absurdity would have won out before I dwelled on the stupidity and incompetence of it.

the interesting thing is someone had to mention coins or bitcoins to them. To mention it specifically yet be so ignorant of what it actually is just screams govt work

Coins I could understand. Bitcoins on the other hand...

The person that would have had to sit next to a 90+ year old that needed a diaper change is thanking the TSA.

I'm just saying...

You're not kidding. Unfortunately, and it is sad, many times an elderly person is getting off my flight and that unmistakeable stench just overwhelms the entire cabin. However, the harassment of elderly folks is just a dog and pony show for the TSA and all too common.

this is who the govt hires to protect you

News from The Associated Press

U.S. District Judge Beverly Reid O'Connell found that Nna Alpha Onuoha isn't competent to stand trial after reviewing a doctor's evaluation and hearing a rambling, incoherent statement from the 30-year-old defendant, according to City News Service.

Onuoha, a former Transportation Security Administration officer, was arrested around midnight Sept. 13. The FBI said he had resigned earlier that day after a recent suspension for allegedly criticizing a 15-year-old girl's wardrobe as too skimpy. The incident was publicized after the girl's father blogged about it.

Well done fellas

Rail monitor system expired | bakken.com

A monitoring system designed to track rail cars carrying chlorine, ammonia or other hazardous gases was shut down late last year, even as local officials and the public were clamoring for more information about dangerous cargoes traveling through their communities.

The Toxic Inhalant Risk Reduction Verification System began operating in 2008 but went dark in December, according to James P. RePass, the president and CEO of National Corridors Initiative, a rail advocacy organization. RePass said he’d been told the contract with IBM, which supplied the system to the Transportation Security Administration, had been allowed to expire.

“They blinded their own inspectors,” RePass said, referring to the TSA personnel who he said had real-time access to the location of each tank car.

Can't not make fun of the TSA...

Washington D.C. driver's license confuses Orlando TSA worker

Cox Media Group television reporter Justin Gray was heading back to his Washington home Saturday when he says a Transportation Security Administration agent didn't recognize his license and asked for a passport, which Gray wasn't carrying. The reporter says that after further back-and-forth, he realized the agent was not aware what the District of Columbia was.

VN Store

Back