Tampa Rays Thread

Longo has been killing the ball the past week and with that the Rays have tasted victory against every team in the majors.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The Trop never lets the national audience down with some sort of embarrassing building mishap.

I just turned the channel to this game and thought it was a replay considering it's late and a 0-0 score.

Then I noticed it was the 16th inning.

Hey we hit ten balls to the warning track last night, must have been that stiff dome wind knocking them back.
Can't figure out why Desmond Jennings is still down in the minors while we keep parading dead weight like Brignac up to the plate in a daily basis.

I don't think Jennings is the offensive savior that a lotta people want him to be.

gahlee approves this message.

Seriously though i think that 16 inning debacle last night and then this meltdown tonight might be the playoff death blow.

I'm surprised they came out the way they did tonight. Expected them to be extremely flat.

I'm surprised they came out the way they did tonight. Expected them to be extremely flat.

Cobb pitched a great game and deserved the win, was a little too much to ask from a depleted bullpen and a same day rookie callup to be put in that position. On top of that, The Trop trying to fall apart during the game didn't help either.

Cobb pitched a great game and deserved the win, was a little too much to ask from a depleted bullpen and a same day rookie callup to be put in that position. On top of that, The Trop trying to fall apart during the game didn't help either.

I know you mentioned it earlier, but is there some sort of ordinance that something crazy happens during a national telecast?

Surely this doesn't happen 81 times a year.

I know you mentioned it earlier, but is there some sort of ordinance that something crazy happens during a national telecast?

Surely this doesn't happen 81 times a year.

ESPN hates us.. Seriously though something embarrassing happens that involves that building every nationally televised game, it's pretty rare with pinball catwalks and broken lightbulbs that ends up sounding like a game of whiffleball that gets broken up by your mother.
Being withdrawn from that area this season and watching how dominate the Sox and Yankee fans are in that building is just demoralizing.

ESPN hates us.. Seriously though something embarrassing happens that involves that building every nationally televised game, it's pretty rare with pinball catwalks and broken lightbulbs that ends up sounding like a game of whiffleball that gets broken up by your mother.
Being withdrawn from that area this season and watching how dominate the Sox and Yankee fans are in that building is just demoralizing.

I can see a bit of the Yankee love with the roots in Tampa. But it's not a good sign hearing your two biggest intra-division foes having their names chanted on consecutive nights.

I can see a bit of the Yankee love with the roots in Tampa. But it's not a good sign hearing your two biggest intra-division foes having their names chanted on consecutive nights.
I'm to the point of saying it's never going to be a baseball region. It's defiantly a frontrunning town, but at least the Bucs and Bolts sell out when they have good teams.
I want to think that maybe a new stadium moved up to Tampa and realignment might help but im not so sure.

VN Store

Back