Tampa Rays Thread

Des Jennings got called up .Interested to see what he can put up the rest of the year.
Pretty sure that's setting the stage for Upton's exit as well.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Going to the Rays vs. Tigers game on Monday the 22nd I believe. Is it better to get tickets out front or go on stub hub?

Just walk up, there will be plenty of seats.
Or go to the Rays website and order them will call.

Apparently the Mayor of Nashville was on the new sports radio station in town (102.5) today and said that the city wants to pursue the Rays. Anybody else hear this?

Only 1.5 back now. Orioles beat red sox today but looks like boston will win night game. Gotta stay hot and handle the yankees and orioles need to take care of boston

Last edited:
I'd rather be 2 games up in the standings but the Rays having a 6 game homestand while the Sox go on the road for their final 6 is a nice consolation prize. Even more so because the Yankees will do their best to sweep the Red Sox and potentially lay down for the Rays the following series. Yanks be looking to rest some of their starters and if they throw games, it's just one more way they can stick it to the Sox.

In most years I would say you're right but right now I'm not sure the Yanks fear the Sox. The Sox pitching is attrocious. While the Rays pitching is fantastic. If the Rays get in they would have the best starting staff in the AL playoffs and probably only 2nd to the Phillies as a whole.

Usually pitching rules in the Playoffs because of the colder weather. I'm not sure anyone in the AL wants to get matched up with the Rays...

Ironically, just came across this link on ESPN's front page.

New York Yankees' Russell Martin -- I hate Boston Red Sox - ESPN New York

Adding fuel to baseball's bitterest rivalry, New York Yankees catcher Russell Martin said he hates the Boston Red Sox and would relish adding to their misery by helping to eliminate them from the playoffs during this weekend's series between the two teams.

"Anything to get the Red Sox out would be awesome for me," said Martin, who has been involved in the rivalry for one season.

When asked why, Martin sounded like the truest Bleacher Creature.

"Because I hate the Red Sox," Martin said.

VN Store

Back