Tampa Rays Thread

So Madden almost ended up looking like the biggest jackass with the scorecard error today.
Fortunately for us, apparently Sonny is a better hitter then a pitcher this year..

Well, Price had his moments today. But I'm starting to think he's just a closer. Which isn't the worst thing in the world. But while his fastball and slider are insane, question marks remain about his stamina. In his defense though, the ump called a super tight game and he didnt get many breaks. I like what I saw, overall, and feel better now that he's up.

Aki's out for the year. While I hate to see a guy get hurt like that, I don't think the Rays will miss him as much if it had been someone like Bartlett or Zobrist. He's just been real inconsistent this year.

Well, Price had his moments today. But I'm starting to think he's just a closer. Which isn't the worst thing in the world. But while his fastball and slider are insane, question marks remain about his stamina. In his defense though, the ump called a super tight game and he didnt get many breaks. I like what I saw, overall, and feel better now that he's up.

you're crazy if you think Price is a closer. His pitch count was 100 so he doesn't have stamina issues. his problem tonight was that he couldn't find the strike zone. Price will eventually perform like the ace he'll be.

WOW.. im speechless. that hurts

Apparently we can't ever win in Cleveland again, we went down in flames like the Cuyahoga River.

I think the Aki injury hurts us alot more than some think, it really leaves a void with the glove in the middle of that infield.

I wasn't really paying attention, but that slide looked pretty dirty.

honestly it was a aggressive slide but nothing dirty about it, its what you are taught to do, break up the DP.

I still can't grasp this loss tonight, worst lost i would say ever, up 10-2 with 6 outs? BTW thanks jackass ump for forgetting to call strikes..

Yeah, but he wasn't just going spikes up at him, he threw like his entire body weight into it it seemed like. i wasn't paying full attention though so maybe I just missed it. I'll look again later

you're crazy if you think Price is a closer. His pitch count was 100 so he doesn't have stamina issues. his problem tonight was that he couldn't find the strike zone. Price will eventually perform like the ace he'll be.

We'll see. I hope so. Like I said, I do think the umpire was pretty brutal last night, for both teams. I like a big strike zone. I also think Maddon has been babying him a little bit and if he gets more exposure, he'll be fine. And I hate pitch counts, they arent the end all be all.

Another thing to keep in mind is that Tampa is going to try and protect Price as much as they can, i wouldn't worry too much about him.

Another thing to keep in mind is that Tampa is going to try and protect Price as much as they can,

Thats putting it mildly. I love Joe Maddon but I hate how he babies this team sometimes. Given guys days off when they arent injured and we're not at .500. For the first quarter of the season he was trying to project a sense of calmness and he wants guys to be fresh for the playoffs. But if the starting pitching keeps only lasting 4 innings, we aint gonna make it! And now with the middle infield all banged up, I'd say a sense of urgency about things is needed

Upton is looking good.
The Joyce/Jackson trade is starting to look better now
Sonny had a good start?
I think this weekend series could be the turning point either way..

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEJ........

Sloppy win but still undefeated at NYS..

Even beat the horrible Ump calls. two more to go..

2 games above .500 for the first time this year,nothing like the Nationals to get a team on a winning streak...

Are you a Rays fan, wounded mullet?

hah well considering i started this thread and my sig has Evan Longoria in it, that would be a yes..

I bet you are a Yankee fan? i might be wrong, im just guessing...they seem to have a decent chance of doing something.

hah well considering i started this thread and my sig has Evan Longoria in it, that would be a yes..

I bet you are a Yankee fan? i might be wrong, im just guessing...they seem to have a decent chance of doing something.

I didn't look to see who started the thread and I don't see an Evan Longoria sig. :crazy:

I'm pretty much neutral, but if I had to choose it would be the Yankees and Braves, I just enjoy the game.

I didn't look to see who started the thread and I don't see an Evan Longoria sig. :crazy:

I'm pretty much neutral, but if I had to choose it would be the Yankees and Braves, I just enjoy the game.

eh, pick a team, it helps sort out the good and the evil...

VN Store

Back