Tankers Attacked In Gulf: Price of Oil Up

Yea, we need a half dozen officers enforcing tobacco laws in the hood. They murdered that guy. Over cigarettes.

Force was used to overcome resistance. The underlying charge is totally irrelevant. By your logic a person can physically resist and defeat efforts to arrest just because, in your view, the underlying charge is too minor to justify the arrest.

Once a person is to subject to lawful arrest - and no one claims he was otherwise- then resistance takes on it's own criminal characteristics. It is a separate crime in and of itself. What, the police try to arrest him and if he physically resists they are supposed to just shrug and walk away?

Think about how unworkable that is in the real world.

Reactions: 37L1
Force was used to overcome resistance. The underlying charge is totally irrelevant. By your logic a person can physically resist and defeat efforts to arrest just because, in your view, the underlying charge is too minor to justify the arrest.

Once a person is to subject to lawful arrest - and no one claims he was otherwise- then resistance takes on it's own criminal characteristics. It is a separate crime in and of itself. What, the police try to arrest him and if he physically resists they are supposed to just shrug and walk away?

Logic fails in the face of optics. It looked really, really bad and the guy died. Everyone had a role in it including the arrestee.

Logic fails in the face of optics. It looked really, really bad and the guy died. Everyone had a role in it including the arrestee.

Oh, I agree the optics were bad. The civil case needed to be settled and it was. Personally, I think the settlement amount was way too high, but I don't know the background details on damages they felt they could prove.

I did see the other day in reminding myself about it that he had 30 prior arrests. He knew the drill, he knew what he was supposed to do. Maybe he was just tired of it and felt like it was unjustified, but again that is not up to him.

How do you feel about the prohibited choke hold the cop used?
Daniel Pantaleo: Officer who put Eric Garner in chokehold was ‘untruthful’ in interview about his death, judge says

Last edited:
Dictators that starve their people while stealing the nations wealth and exterminating their citizens are the kind of bad stuff that make them targets. In your paranoid view of global affairs you confuse the diplomatic methods of changing behavior with the goals. We're pro-human rights and freedom. You don't like some of the methods used to push that agenda and confuse them with the ultimate goals.
There are plenty of dictators worse than those two. We got involved with both of them twice after they left the oil dollar exchange. As much as I but heads with Ras he is right here. We got involved for crap reasons under the illusion of weapons of mass destruction, harboring terrorists, civilian decimation, that we ignored previously.

VN Store

Back