Target Closing 9 Stores Due to Retail Theft

Really not sure but I don't recall Target closures due to mass theft at any time. Perhaps, there could have been. Safe to say that shoplifting has increased dramatically.

These are organized crime rings that the criminals feel are sanctioned by elected officials.

We have been tracking losses due to theft and looting for 114 years in my organization, and 2020, 2022, and now 2023 are the three worst years by far in 114 years. Not even close. To the poster that suggested it was social media publishing it more...not even remotely true. It is bad. This year through August is higher than any other year in 114 years except for the looting/rioting during 2020, which was the single largest loss event countrywide for us. Unfortunately, it is highly political. Absolutely crazy, but it is. Who ever would have thought Austin, Texas would become one of the six worst areas for us from a theft, looting, and armed burglary standpoint? Just follow George Soros supported DAs, and shortly thereafter the organized crime begins.

We have been tracking losses due to theft and looting for 114 years in my organization, and 2020, 2022, and now 2023 are the three worst years by far in 114 years. Not even close. To the poster that suggested it was social media publishing it more...not even remotely true. It is bad. This year through August is higher than any other year in 114 years except for the looting/rioting during 2020, which was the single largest loss event countrywide for us. Unfortunately, it is highly political. Absolutely crazy, but it is. Who ever would have thought Austin, Texas would become one of the six worst areas for us from a theft, looting, and armed burglary standpoint? Just follow George Soros supported DAs, and shortly thereafter the organized crime begins.

This is 3rd world bad. Guess which political party is always front and center. Their supporters are even in this thread trying to muster excuses.

Clip of AOC Defending Shoplifters As 'Hungry' People Seeking BREAD goes Viral after Philly Looting that saw mob target iPhones, sneakers and liquor stores - with at least 30 people charged so far​

• A video of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez defending shoplifters has resurfaced
An old clip of Democrat radical Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez defending shoplifters as 'hungry' people seeking bread has resurfaced in the wake of the Philadelphia lootings that have seen at least 30 people charged so far.

The New York Congresswoman sat down in a video from 2020 and described why she thought people loot.

'So, they go out and they need to feed their child and they don't have money... They are put in a position where they feel like they need to shoplift some bread or go hungry that night,' said Ocasio-Cortez.

Reactions: norrislakevol

Clip of AOC Defending Shoplifters As 'Hungry' People Seeking BREAD goes Viral after Philly Looting that saw mob target iPhones, sneakers and liquor stores - with at least 30 people charged so far​

An old clip of Democrat radical Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez defending shoplifters as 'hungry' people seeking bread has resurfaced in the wake of the Philadelphia lootings that have seen at least 30 people charged so far.

The New York Congresswoman sat down in a video from 2020 and described why she thought people loot.

'So, they go out and they need to feed their child and they don't have money... They are put in a position where they feel like they need to shoplift some bread or go hungry that night,' said Ocasio-Cortez.

Lol... that's the take she has from this. A bit of a stretch. Yeah,another thing is nobody is going to want to work at these stores. Loss prevention isn't paid enough to deal with it,and the police are getting tired of thefts called in constantly. As a result,this will continue.

$15 an hour didn’t fix the problem?

Man this would be great training for swat teams snipers.
Couple here, couple there. I imagine this crap would grind to a halt.
I think it was back in the 20’s that bank robbers were given the death penalty. They should apply the same standard here.

because it just turns into a system of revenge, pay back, and ever expanding violence. and typically what happens after that is the government has to come in hard with even more power than they had before.

The current government seems centered on the concept of setting us up for failure so they can empower themselves even more.
legitimate concern.

I am curious. When the James-Younger gang was shot to pieces (by mostly citizens, mind you) in Northfield, Minnesota while trying to rob a bank, when did the next bank robbery there occur?

I think it was back in the 20’s that bank robbers were given the death penalty. They should apply the same standard here.
I think corporal punishment in public should be established. It's cheap and quick. Looters can be given 10 lashes with a cane or a flexible leather belt with a handle across the back. Also, give the green light for store owners and citizens to shoot looters on sight without repercussions. That would end it.

Reactions: davethevol
You serious? Why they looting liquor stores and Apple stores?

Obviously they really want to pick up a few Fuji, Honeycrisp, or Granny Smiths, but when they get inside the "Apple" store they become confused and frustrated, and then grab something for their troubles anyhow.

VN Store

Back