Teams that played Oregon closer than us

I would love to see Bama play Oregon in the NC game. Oregon is talented but I dont think you can beat Bama when Saban has more than a week to prepare. Theyre just too powerful and disciplined. Oregon would beat any other SEC team though. #2 is the right spot for them.

All of the following teams with much less talent than ours did better against Chip Kelly coached Oregon teams running the same scheme, often with more talent than this Oregon team.

Arkansas State
Fresno State
Washington State (3 different times)
Oregon State (4 different times)
Purdue
Utah

Even Derek Dooley did better against them than we did yesterday.

A post that means nothing.

All of the following teams with much less talent than ours did better against Chip Kelly coached Oregon teams running the same scheme, often with more talent than this Oregon team.

Arkansas State
Fresno State
Purdue
Utah

I bet all of those tams had at least one QB who could get the ball to receivers, receivers who could run routes and catch the ball, a running back that could hit the holes and run north & south, and no walk-ons in the first 22.

That's one of the things I'm really bummed about. I honestly felt like the Oregon team at Neyland was better than this year's team with the exception being at QB, they got an upgrade there, but not a huge improvement. I thought the #117 staff and team were vastly better than what Dooley put on the field, for example, Dooley had to start a couple of former walkons on his OL that year if memory serves, I may be mistaken. Anyway they gave an OU team a much better game than what we witnessed this past Saturday, which leads me to believe, #117 is worse than what Dooley put on the field his first year ... which is scary and I refuse to seriously consider.

I will disagree 100% with both of your points here. This Oregon team is the best they have ever had, just about anyone in the country would agree with this. They are better at just about every position with exception to TE than the team that came to Neyland a couple of years ago. Also, with exception to the offensive line, the UT team that was on the field in 2010 was vastly better at just about every position, especially on the offensive side of the ball.

This is a really GOOFY analysis . Bama will beat us by 21 to 28 points. They would probably beat Oregon by 21 to 28 points . That means that we must be as good as Oregon ?

Could it be that it was a terrible match up for a team with no passing game , no dominant interior pass rush , and no depth all around playing one of the fastest paced teams in college ball ?

I honestly think Oregon would beat Alabama by two touchdowns this year. I hope they do in the title game.

I'm an Oregon fan, and even I have to say this is stupid.

Some of those teams are from FOUR years ago! Meaning...only reedshirt seniors are still left on this team.

Also, this is BY FAR the most talented team Oregon has ever fielded. Not even close; not even open for discussion. I've watched every game (except for my stint of living out of the country) since 2000. And this team would be a 14+ point favorite over the next most talented team in UO history, which would probably be last year's team!

The team that beat you in 2010 had something like 3 players drafted, all after the 3rd round.

Depending on who declares early, this team could have 3-4 players drafted in the FIRST ROUND.

So in conclusion, stupid point to make. You guys are better than those teams. Though I will say even I'm surprised we unloaded the bench in the 3rd quarter. I think maybe because as an Oregon fan, you learn to get screwed or snakebitten (2001, 2005, 2007, 2011, 2012), so I always expect the worst. And I thought this would be closer.
STILL, this statement holds no value, not only because it's ridiculous, but because, by stating that the 2010 team had more talent than this team, you have revealed yourself to be fairly uninformed about UO football. As that assessment of 2010's and 2013's teams is horribly inaccurate.

You guys will be fine. I expect a Tennessee win over Florida. I'll be rooting for you the rest of the way, as I always root for the trusty Vols in the SEC.

This thread comes from one of our more uninformed and misinformed posters that lacks any reasoning skills and it isn't indicative of our fan base as a whole.

So the above listed teams played the exact same Oregon team we played yesterday?

Dude, give it up. Your stats suck since you cannot recreate the exact team roster, environmental conditions, injury roster and crowd factor that we faced.

He's still lamenting the justified Fulmer firing

Arkansas State
Fresno State
Purdue
Utah

Honestly...Who cares????

I bet all of those tams had at least one QB who could get the ball to receivers, receivers who could run routes and catch the ball, a running back that could hit the holes and run north & south, and no walk-ons in the first 22.

Another factor is that most of the games cited by the OP were first or second week games, not third. The Ducks tend to ramp up over the three non- con weekends.

Arky State? Clearly you are just looking at the final scores and not the whole game. Oregon was up 50-3 at the half, would you prefer that?

I think Oregon took out some frustration with the SEC hoopla on us. They are still upset about losing the natty to Auburn and are tired of hearing that they are good but they aren't as good as the SEC. We had the unfortunate job of representing the SEC while we were stuck back at square 1 for the 3rd time in 5 years against a team that wanted to make a point.

Mariota more than doubled his total passing yards from the first two games, finishing Saturday’s win with a career high 456.

I think Oregon took out some frustration with the SEC hoopla on us. They are still upset about losing the natty to Auburn and are tired of hearing that they are good but they aren't as good as the SEC. We had the unfortunate job of representing the SEC while we were stuck back at square 1 for the 3rd time in 5 years against a team that wanted to make a point.

Tennessee was not treated any worse than Nicholls St. or UVA was.

The starters were pulled with four minutes left in the third. That's not making a point against UT or the SEC, or taking out "frustration."

Besides, that's not how we roll. The Ducks' ultimate contest is to improve themselves as measured against their own previous work, week after week.

Tennessee was not treated any worse than Nicholls St. or UVA was.

The starters were pulled with four minutes left in the third. That's not making a point against UT or the SEC, or taking out "frustration."

Besides, that's not how we roll. The Ducks' ultimate contest is to improve themselves as measured against their own previous work, week after week.

Love your avi. That is too funny!

I'm an Oregon fan, and even I have to say this is stupid.

Some of those teams are from FOUR years ago! Meaning...only reedshirt seniors are still left on this team.

Also, this is BY FAR the most talented team Oregon has ever fielded. Not even close; not even open for discussion. I've watched every game (except for my stint of living out of the country) since 2000. And this team would be a 14+ point favorite over the next most talented team in UO history, which would probably be last year's team!

The team that beat you in 2010 had something like 3 players drafted, all after the 3rd round.

Depending on who declares early, this team could have 3-4 players drafted in the FIRST ROUND.

Oregon fans are typically very informed, but this opinion above is not reflective thereof, though it is common for fans with a successful team to imagine their team more talented than ever before. Oregon fans in 2010 were also predicting Darron Thomas would be an NFL QB, and that turned out a bit rash, despite his great success in their system.

First, several of the top prospects on this Oregon roster were contributors to the 2010 team.

Second, that Oregon roster actually had two players go in the first day of the draft. In fact, all of the skill players, save the QB, would get NFL paychecks, including both running backs (James & Barner), the top three wideouts (Maehl, Davis & Tuinei), the top tight end (Paulson), as well as two of the OL (Asper & Weems). Just read the Tennessee box score from the 2010 game, and you'll see an Oregon player in the league. I don't think you have the same 1-2 punch at RB as the 2010 roster, and I don't think your WR/TE depth, without Lyerla, is as good. The best wideout, Huff, was also a contributor on the 2010 team.

Third, I don't think this Oregon defense is as good talent wise as the 2010 unit, though time will tell. That 2010 unit produced 10 players off the 2-deep to get NFL paychecks. Others on their roster, like Cliff Harris, may have made the league without their pot problems, and several from the roster are current NFL prospects on this team.

Obviously, time will tell.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back