Tebow is on a mission from God (merged)

I like Tebow, and I am a Christian who is all for spreading God's word, but I don't like this. I think he should just play football, and worry about preaching some other time. It just seems like he is trying to make himself seem like a hero.

I like Tebow, and I am a Christian who is all for spreading God's word, but I don't like this. I think he should just play football, and worry about preaching some other time. It just seems like he is trying to make himself seem like a hero.

disagree completely. Your whole life as a Christian is to spread God's word. It doesn't matter if you are a secretary or a Heisman trophy winning collegiate QB. Tebow is just using his fame to spread the word. I know he's a Gator, but kudos to him. It really seems as if he's just doing what he feels he should.

disagree completely. Your whole life as a Christian is to spread God's word. It doesn't matter if you are a secretary or a Heisman trophy winning collegiate QB. Tebow is just using his fame to spread the word. I know he's a Gator, but kudos to him. It really seems as if he's just doing what he feels he should.

gotta agree with vfb. besides, he is already a hero, if you ask ESPN.

Still don't like him. I see what Rasputin Vol is saying. Has nothing to do with "trolling." He showed us up and rubbed the game in our faces. That's not classy. All there is to it.

Still don't like him. I see what Rasputin Vol is saying. Has nothing to do with "trolling." He showed us up and rubbed the game in our faces. That's not classy. All there is to it.

You have got to be kidding me. The coach calls the plays. The coach kept Tebow in the game. What the hell was Tim supposed to do? Not throw the ball to the wide open receiver running toward the endzone? Tebow's did what the coach told him to. He did it well. That's all there is to it. It has nothing to do with class.

And for the record, anytime Rasputin posts it has everything to do with trolling.

No offense, but everything you said was completely wrong.

he did what he was supposed to do. win games. It has nothing to do with being God's will or not. Look at the play by play of the fourth quarter. It wasn't anything flashy. TN just couldn't stop it.

he did what he was supposed to do. win games. It has nothing to do with being God's will or not. Look at the play by play of the fourth quarter. It wasn't anything flashy. TN just couldn't stop it.

Don't you get it? By not throwing an interception to the safety that was nowhere near his receiver Tim Tebow was being classless.

I'll also throw in that Cameron Newton scored a TD in that game. What a classless jerk.

Agree to disagree. On top of this, I'm surprised his parents would even let him play for Meyer. Meyer is hardly a coach I would want my son to play for.

I think he showed us up and it was classless. He also celebrated in the endzone like it was the first TD of the game. Nevermind that it only put them up by 30 points or so.

I think it's classless. You don't. That's fine.

Agree to disagree. On top of this, I'm surprised his parents would even let him play for Meyer. Meyer is hardly a coach I would want my son to play for.

I think he showed us up and it was classless. He also celebrated in the endzone like it was the first TD of the game. Nevermind that it only put them up by 30 points or so.

I think it's classless. You don't. That's fine.

again, look at the fourth quarter numbers. What do you want them to do, take a knee for every down? It's not UF's, Tim Tebow's or Urban Meyer's fault we couldn't stop the pass or the rush.

also maybe you should check out everything Urban Meyer does for local Boys and Girls Clubs before you speak of his character.

IMO it takes a lot of courage to come out like that when a lot of people are going to recognize you in public. It's not like he can go somewhere in hide if he wants to go out and drink, he's going to be recognized.

I don't see how Tim Tebow celebrating in a non-threatening fashion is worse than Erik Ainge taunting the opposition by mocking their cheer.

Need to go back and take a look at the gamethread from that game. There were quite a few people say we should "dive for Tebow's knees" and he "had no business being in the game."

I'm not saying we should have done that. I'm just saying I thought it was completely and utterly classless and my opinion won't change. Like I said, you would never be able to convince me to allow my son to play for Urban Meyer if I was as religious as Tebow's parents. I'm not sure how Meyer sat in on a in-home visit and actually was able to "blend in" if you will.

I just think some of this is way over the top. As a Christian, I'm proud that he's spreading the word of God. I just think it's over the top to claim how "classy" he is. I don't think he has any business signing Bibles and circumcizing kids.

I'd like to hear one legitimate reason for Christian parents to keep their sons away from Urban Meyer.

Need to go back and take a look at the gamethread from that game. There were quite a few people say we should "dive for Tebow's knees" and he "had no business being in the game."I'm not saying we should have done that. I'm just saying I thought it was completely and utterly classless and my opinion won't change. Like I said, you would never be able to convince me to allow my son to play for Urban Meyer if I was as religious as Tebow's parents. I'm not sure how Meyer sat in on a in-home visit and actually was able to "blend in" if you will.

I just think some of this is way over the top. As a Christian, I'm proud that he's spreading the word of God. I just think it's over the top to claim how "classy" he is. I don't think he has any business signing Bibles and circumcizing kids.

That was during the beatdown, I think 9 months later everybody should be relaxed about it. It might have been classless for UM to run up the score, but you can't blame the players one bit.

Need to go back and take a look at the gamethread from that game. There were quite a few people say we should "dive for Tebow's knees" and he "had no business being in the game."

I'm not saying we should have done that. I'm just saying I thought it was completely and utterly classless and my opinion won't change. Like I said, you would never be able to convince me to allow my son to play for Urban Meyer if I was as religious as Tebow's parents. I'm not sure how Meyer sat in on a in-home visit and actually was able to "blend in" if you will.

where does it say he's signing Bibles and circumcizing kids?

He's playing a game and just doing what the coaches tell him to do. What difference does it make if he's in the game? What is Meyer supposed to do?

"Hey look Tim, I know you're going after the Heisman and we're only three games into the season, but you've done so good I have to bench you and risk someone else stealing your spotlight. That's just the breaks. Maybe you should've sucked more in the third quarter, you know maybe thrown another INT so that this game would be closer."

I'd like to hear one legitimate reason for Christian parents to keep their sons away from Urban Meyer.

Here's one. Fifteen players were arrested and only two kicked off the team from the time they won the National Championship to the first game in 2007.

I certainly wouldn't want my kid in that atmosphere.

Before you mention our past problems: I'm as critical as anyone of some of the actions by our players.

where does it say he's signing Bibles and circumcizing kids?

He's playing a game and just doing what the coaches tell him to do. What difference does it make if he's in the game? What is Meyer supposed to do?

"Hey look Tim, I know you're going after the Heisman and we're only three games into the season, but you've done so good I have to bench you and risk someone else stealing your spotlight. That's just the breaks. Maybe you should've sucked more in the third quarter, you know maybe thrown another INT so that this game would be closer."

Have you not read the "Dr. Tebow" article posted by the Gator fan on the main board? He was circumsizing kids in the Phillipines on his mission trip and was signing Bibles for them. I think that is way over the top.

Here's one. Fifteen players were arrested and only two kicked off the team from the time they won the National Championship to the first game in 2007.

I certainly wouldn't want my kid in that atmosphere.

Before you mention our past problems: I'm as critical as anyone of some of the actions by our players.

A lot of that is just following university procedure. Outside that, it's giving kids a second chance to make something of themselves. If every kid that screwed up in college was discarded you'd have a pretty sorry graduation rate.

You sound like you'd be a lot more comfortable if you just homeschooled your children.

VN Store

Back