Ten Years Ago 10-3 (6-2) with Three Huge Road Wins!

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
Alabama at Bryant Denny Stadium, Florida at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, South Carolina, and Miami in the Orange Bowl.

Alabama at Bryant Denny Stadium, Florida at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, South Carolina, and Miami in the Orange Bowl.

Nice wins on the road, but UF and Bama weren't very good. South Carolina sucked back then. However, the Miami win was unexpected. Outstanding defensive performance.

Reactions: 4 people
Great job by the team. The Auburn game stinks though. Casey almost pulled that one out of the fire. And the fumble against Georgia. Still a great year..

Does anyone remember the pass Casey hit Eric Parker with in 2000 @ Sanford Stadium? Thing of beauty. Parker got one foot down inbounds and the refs called it out of bounds. Still pisses me off. I was showing my son the game the other day and saw it again.

Last edited:
is this supposed to uplift and inspire because it shows what's possible?

or

is this supposed to depress and discourage because it took place 10 years ago?

Reactions: 3 people
is this supposed to uplift and inspire because it shows what's possible?

or

is this supposed to depress and discourage because it took place 10 years ago?

this, unfortunately, is the reaction I am currently experiencing :cray:

Reactions: 1 person
I think it is pretty fair to state that the SEC of today is far more competitive from 3-14 than it was 10 years ago.

I was front row of the end zone at the bama game. Greatest football experience of my life. the missed field goal by bama at the end of regulation, the 4th and 19 conversion, Clauson's laying out for the goal line. btw as much as I hate the whole state of alabama I got to say their fans on that day(and the 5-6 other games I've seen down there) were extremely gracious. Thanks for making me remember this. Gonna make the whole day better.

Reactions: 1 person
I realize that nobody cares, but I was at that Miami game. The MVP- Dustin Colquitt. I've been to a lot of games and have never seen a punting display like that. The final punt of the game with under 2 minutes to play that the late great Sean Taylor fumbled (because the ball was basically kicked up into the clouds making it a very difficult over the shoulder catch) was unbelievable and clutch. It was a great day, and I enjoyed the glory of being one of about 3 UT fans in the Miami season ticket holder section on the 45. Great day, and I look forward to days like that coming again soon!

Of course, the other MVP of that game was ex-Gator Brock Berlin, who was absolutely terrible.

VN Store

Back