Tennessee All-Time Offense vs. Tennessee All-Time Defense

bnhunt

This was posted on TOS and if my pick is different then I put it in orange (SIAP):

Say there's 4:00 minutes left in a game and the offense has the ball on their own 30. Need a TD to win. Do they get there? (I know some will disagree with my team)

OFFENSE

QB: Peyton Manning
RB: Jamal Lewis/Chuck Webb (your pick) (Travis Henry)
WR: Carl Pickens
WR: Willie Gault (Tim McGee)
WR: Alvin Harper (Peerless Price or Larry Sievers)
TE: Jason Witten
T: Antone Davis
T: Chad Clifton
G: Cosey Coleman
G: Raleigh McKenzie (Harry Galbreath)
C: Bob Johnson

DEFENSE

DE: Reggie White
DT: Johnson Henderson
DT: Albert Haynesworth
DE: Doug Atkins
LB: Al Wilson
LB: Leonard Little
LB: Hacksaw (Jerrod Mayo)
CB: Dale Carter (Terry Fair)
CB: Dwayne Goodrich (Terry McDaniel)
S: Eric Berry
S: Bill Bates (Dale Carter)

P: Dustin Colquitt
K: Hall/Reveiz (toss-up)
FB: Bryson

The only thing laughable about the OP's list was omitting Terry Fair for Goodrich IMO. I also think Tee Martin or Condredge Holloway could be considered at QB, although I'm sure that will get destroyed on here. Also, Johnny Majors at RB, but hard to compare different eras at the RB position IMO.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Well I will open up the debate by getting flamed for this but here goes.....I would put Heath Shuler at qb. Hear me out. Things break down in the college game. Guys running wrong routes, missed blocks and such more than in NFL so when that happens I want a qb that can scramble. Heath Shuler could do it all.

Reactions: 2 people
Well I will open up the debate by getting flamed for this but here goes.....I would put Heath Shuler at qb. Hear me out. Things break down in the college game. Guys running wrong routes, missed blocks and such more than in NFL so when that happens I want a qb that can scramble. Heath Shuler could do it all.
If that's the case you should want C. Holloway*

Reactions: 7 people

It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Reactions: 5 people
This was posted on TOS and if my pick is different then I put it in orange (SIAP):

Say there's 4:00 minutes left in a game and the offense has the ball on their own 30. Need a TD to win. Do they get there? (I know some will disagree with my team)

OFFENSE

DEFENSE

The only thing laughable about the OP's list was omitting Terry Fair for Goodrich IMO. I also think Tee Martin or Condredge Holloway could be considered at QB, although I'm sure that will get destroyed on here. Also, Johnny Majors at RB, but hard to compare different eras at the RB position IMO.

Thoughts?

I would make a lot of changes to that all time lineup.

Last edited:

OFFENSE

DEFENSE

Thoughts?

WR Carl Pickens
WR Tim McGee
WR Stanley Morgan
QB Tony Robinson
TB Chuck Webb
FB Greg Amsler
T Antone Davis
T Chad Clifton
G Bruce Wilkerson
G Cosey Coleman
C Bob Johnson
TE Jason Witten

DE Reggie White
DE Doug Atkins
DT Steve DeLong
DT John Henderson
LB Jack Reynolds
LB Al Wilson
LB Paul Naumoff
CB Dale Carter
CB Roland James
SS Eric Berry
FS Deon Grant

KR Willie Gault
PR Eddie Brown
ST Bill Bates
K Fuad Reveiz
P Ron Widby

To answer your question: yes, but barely thanks to the perfect check-off by Robinson to a single covered Tim McGee

Last edited:
I would add Deon Grant and probably Jason Allen. I was at the Georgia game when he got hurt and it sucked the energy out of the stadium. He was a beast at corner or safety.

Reactions: 1 person
i must be older cause my 1st pick at wideout would be Larry Sievers

I am older too and remember his gluefingers. I was torn between starting him and Morgan but allowed the versatility of Morgan win out. Seivers is definitely the first guy in when going to 4 wideouts

Obviously it's comparing apples and oranges(And no I'm not old. Only 25) But you have to consider McAver, Suffridge, Cafego, Lauricella, Wyatt, Dodd, Atkins, etc. Those guys were tops in their day.

Obviously it's comparing apples and oranges(And no I'm not old. Only 25) But you have to consider McAver, Suffridge, Cafego, Lauricella, Wyatt, Dodd, Atkins, etc. Those guys were tops in their day.

Atkins is on my starting unit for the simple fact that I believe he could play in any era. Besides being tough as nails, he was one nasty fellow. At least that's what everyone said that played with him and against him both at UT and in the NFL

check

WR Carl Pickens
WR Tim McGee
WR Stanley Morgan
QB Tony Robinson
TB Chuck Webb
FB Greg Amsler
T Antone Davis
T Chad Clifton
G Bruce Wilkerson
G Cosey Coleman
C Bob Johnson
TE Jason Witten

Congrats! You just got a penalty for too many men on the field! Is that you Dools? :ermm:

i must be older cause my 1st pick at wideout would be Larry Sievers

Yeah, I was at the Liberty Bowl when we played Maryland with Randy White and Seivers caught the ball 5-6 feet off the ground in the end zone for the winning score

I would add Deon Grant and probably Jason Allen. I was at the Georgia game when he got hurt and it sucked the energy out of the stadium. He was a beast at corner or safety.

I thought about Grant too, but if you put Carter at safety I have to give the edge to him and no way Grant makes it over Berry. I also considered Jason Allen, but Terry Fair and McDaniel were both really good.

VN Store

Back