Tennessee Democrat congressman says party 'facing extinction' in his state, relying on 'blind hope'

So what..funding a constituency is funding

You don't get the TN CARE funds from the Feds without having the poor in Memphis...

You don't count that money coming in because of a population demographic but count it going out is a pure mismatch...

Did u see how close the property tax increase passed instead of the sales tax? Tons of stupid ppl here now. I can control my spending on retirement but I can’t control my home value and endless property taxes till I die.

I didn’t see that. Was that Sumner County?

9am and you are either drunk or drugged...or both. No way to live, man.

Hold on dude, does not the Democratic party support trans kids right? Biden said it in the State of the Union Address, you guys are pushing that in every state. Under the guise of trans kids rights. So don't give me that crap about me being drunk

Hold on dude, does not the Democratic party support trans kids right? Biden said it in the State of the Union Address, you guys are pushing that in every state. Under the guise of trans kids rights. So don't give me that crap about me being drunk
Fair.

Put down the crack pipe then.

Did u see how close the property tax increase passed instead of the sales tax? Tons of stupid ppl here now. I can control my spending on retirement but I can’t control my home value and endless property taxes till I die.

I think TN, at least at Federal election level, will be a purplish state sooner rather than later....

As nashvile continues to bring in yankee carpet baggers, they will. Eventually they'll have a state tax.

The Ds will need a candidate that will get turnout in Memphis, transplant support in Middle TN, and enough independent votes (and preferably running against a weaker candidate).

Bredensen never got the Memphis turnout

Harold Ford Jr. and family little too crooked to win enough independent votes (he got close though)

Paul Young might be that guy, especially if he can get the crime down in Memphis but you are likely looking 6-12 years down the road.

The Ds will need a candidate that will get turnout in Memphis, transplant support in Middle TN, and enough independent votes (and preferably running against a weaker candidate).

Bredensen never got the Memphis turnout

Harold Ford Jr. and family little too crooked to win enough independent votes (he got close though)

Paul Young might be that guy, especially if he can get the crime down in Memphis but you are likely looking 6-12 years down the road.
What makes you think Paul Young will get the crime down in Memphis?

What makes you think Paul Young will get the crime down in Memphis?

I don't think he can but if he could, that would be the type of candidate who could take advantage of the changing demographics in the Nashville area....

He's young enough and his Econ Dev background policies is closer to R than D....

I don't think he can but if he could, that would be the type of candidate who could take advantage of the changing demographics in the Nashville area....
Of course he can’t. He ran on a platform of restorative justice, and argued that there was “no juvenile crime problem” in Memphis.

Crime will likely only continue to worsen under his regime.

I’m not seeing your purple progression for the State of Tennessee.

Of course he can’t. He ran on a platform of restorative justice, and argued that there was “no juvenile crime problem” in Memphis.

Crime will likely only continue to worsen under his regime.

I’m not seeing your purple progression for the State of Tennessee.

Nashville is getting bluer. Memphis is obviously blue. The problem is Memphis isn't going to go to the polls for an old white guy (Bredensen) and unless Memphis shows up at the polls, the Ds have no chance in Senate/Gov/POTUS race...

NC and GA have made shifts towards purple territory and TN with a large, educated diverse metro area (Nashville) and a solid AA core (Memphis) have the chance to follow the GA or NC path...

Trump had the same percentage of voters in 2020 as he did 2016 and won by 700K votes. Considering a 1% growth rate, turning even purple for federal elections with an ever increasing progressive agenda, is a long ways away. I would argue that the Dem Party is losing voters, just as the Republican.

Reactions: tbwhhs

VN Store

Back