Tennessee Democrat congressman says party 'facing extinction' in his state, relying on 'blind hope'

Nashville is getting bluer. Memphis is obviously blue. The problem is Memphis isn't going to go to the polls for an old white guy (Bredensen) and unless Memphis shows up at the polls, the Ds have no chance in Senate/Gov/POTUS race...

NC and GA have made shifts towards purple territory and TN with a large, educated diverse metro area (Nashville) and a solid AA core (Memphis) have the chance to follow the GA or NC path...

Nashville is bright blue.

Originally from west Tennessee, I've listened to people from Memphis b1tch and moan for over 40 years. Every person in that area has options. Move, keep electing idiots like London Lamar (whose only a rep because the winner of that seat got caught doing illegal things), elect better reps that will work with the other side.

Last edited:
Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Originally from west Tennessee, I've listened to people from Memphis b1tch and moan for over 40 years. Every person in that area has options. Move, keep electing idiots like London Lamar (whose only a rep because the winner of that seat got caught doing illegal things), elect better reps that will work with the other side.

Why should Memphis spend money from their budget to fix roads that are TDOT's responsibility?

Why should Memphis spread its already thin and overworked police department to areas that are THP's responsibility and neglected? THP went 4 years without patrolling interstates in Memphis. Since THP started back (under threat of a court order) patrols on Memphis interstates this year, interstate shootings went from 10/month to 7 for the first 2.5 months this year.

Why should Memphis have to offer extra incentives because the state actively tries to poach relocation of companies out of Memphis to other parts of the state and heavier incentive packages for non-Shelby projects?

Yes, Memphis has its issues. Yes, it has elected idiots. But it wouldn't matter when the other side holds the purse strings and is unwilling to work with you...

Why should Memphis spend money from their budget to fix roads that are TDOT's responsibility?

Why should Memphis spread its already thin and overworked police department to areas that are THP's responsibility and neglected? THP went 4 years without patrolling interstates in Memphis. Since THP started back (under threat of a court order) patrols on Memphis interstates this year, interstate shootings went from 10/month to 7 for the first 2.5 months this year.

Why should Memphis have to offer extra incentives because the state actively tries to poach relocation of companies out of Memphis to other parts of the state and heavier incentive packages for non-Shelby projects?

Yes, Memphis has its issues. Yes, it has elected idiots. But it wouldn't matter when the other side holds the purse strings and is unwilling to work with you...
Have you driven the interstates around Nashville lately? They aren't in much better shape than your area I'd bet. Potholes everywhere and takes forever to fix them.

It's not the state's problem that the local pd is thin and overworked. Again, that has everything to do with the elected idiots the voters put in place.

Bringing down interstate shootings is good, but according to your #'s, a long, long way to go to get even close to other area's of the state. By the way, does Shelby County not work the interstates like every other county in the state?

Poaching and trying to relocate companies goes on in every area of every state in the country. Also, goes right back to who the voters put into office.

Everywhere has it's issues but Memphis has had the same issues for many, many years. A close friend of mine is from there and he told me "My brother and most of my friends are in prison for choices they made. I had to get out of there or I would've been the same". He holds a Masters in engineering from TSU and places the majority of the blame on the dumbasses that continue to put idiots in elected positions and of course fatherless homes with mothers that just don't give a damn.

Don't blame one political party when both have fault. Can you tell the last time Memphis had a Republican mayor or state rep? Asking because I honestly don't know and both sides have plenty of blame but you seem to be blaming one side. London Lamar is a loudmouth idiot that any decent person wouldn't give the time of day for spewing her ignorance instead of working behind closed doors to find some common ground to work from. She likes to parrot the same "everyone is racist that doesn't agree with me" garbage. She and any other idiot can GTFO with that BS and deserves to be ignored.

So you're saying it's not true? Ha, ha, ha. It couldn't be more true--been true for decades.
Dude your ridiculous hyperbole is getting old. If you aren’t yapping about MAGA or the gangster then you use conjecture to try and drive your narrative. Get a new routine that’s rooted in a fraction of rationality and intelligence.

Question for you. How do you define red neck? Also another one. What state isn’t racist? And please don’t sound dumb and say blue states. Some of them are even more racist than southern states.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
The Democratic party has been irrelevant for years in Tennessee. Will remain so for the unforeseeable future. I don't mind it going Republican. I mind it going full culture war BS. I mind it going Trump. Both a result of a dumbing down effect. Why not Nikki Haley? She might be on the ballot anyway

The Democratic party has been irrelevant for years in Tennessee. Will remain so for the unforeseeable future. I don't mind it going Republican. I mind it going full culture war BS. I mind it going Trump. Both a result of a dumbing down effect. Why not Nikki Haley? She might be on the ballot anyway
No way in hell I vote Biden. No way I vote Trump. That’s just the other side of the same coin. I might have voted Haley. That would have been my first major party vote since slick Willy Clinton.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
The Democratic party has been irrelevant for years in Tennessee. Will remain so for the unforeseeable future.
I'm not sure exactly when that happened but the extortionist/contract murderer Ray Blanton and bank-fraud felon Jake Butcher's political machines had a lot to do with turning off voters.

I'm not sure exactly when that happened but the extortionist/contract murderer Ray Blanton and bank-fraud felon Jake Butcher's political machines had a lot to do with turning off voters.
Not often you see a Butcher Brothers reference these days.

Reactions: McDad
Because she's a leftist.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Sadly, the neglect of non-Capitals is pretty much true for most states. Some extremes are:

1. All of Illinois outside of Chicago
2. All of Colorado outside of Denver and Boulder
3. Upstate New York
4. Most of Virginia

It is no surprise that Tennessee neglects Memphis. Then again, the issues brought up are sometimes issues you see across the state (i.e. pot holes). I think the main headache is finding time to shut down the interstate more than the costs

Reactions: Vol since 77
There is no doubt that you live in an alternative universe void of facts
Yeah OK. I heard the things she talked about. She is a thief in the night. But by all means you can vote for her... write her in in fact.

And I get it. You want to Kalifornicate Tennessee. I like things the way they are.

Yeah OK. I heard the things she talked about. She is a thief in the night. But by all means you can vote for her... write her in in fact.

And I get it. You want to Kalifornicate Tennessee. I like things the way they are.
Again, you pop off like you're in an alternative universe. I never said a word about wanting Californians in Tennessee. I don't even know who you're talking about in your first paragraph. Don't you live in Florida? Anyway, our Tennessee legislature is a joke.

No way in hell I vote Biden. No way I vote Trump. That’s just the other side of the same coin. I might have voted Haley. That would have been my first major party vote since slick Willy Clinton.

Used to like Haley before the MIC bought her. Now shes a warhawk the likes of which hasn't been seen in this country since at least Rumsfeld/Cheney. Off the top of my head, she openly wants war against:

China
Russia
Iran
N Korea
Syria
Hamas
Houthis

Straight up shooting wars. Boots on the ground. Not even proxy wars which we cannot possibly afford. She should have never let her donors (MIC) force her to stay in the race after losing every single state by huge margins. Making her go home to SC and get destroyed in her home state which she Governed not long ago...even losing the very county in which she lives and claims as "home base" to Trump...is likely the end of her career in politics.

VN Store

Back