*****Tennessee Football Coaching Search BIG BOARD [updated 12.4 10:47 am]

That would be true if the fans understood that, but 10 percent of them understand and the other 90 percent just show up and holler “go Vols.”

Problem is, half that 10% think random rumors and trolling are fact, don't realize how much info they don't have, and think social media is the board room.

It has been pretty quiet today regarding the OC hire. Nothing about Lindsey and his bonus or Freeze. That makes me nervous.

Reactions: bpalmer28
It has been pretty quiet today regarding the OC hire. Nothing about Lindsey and his bonus or Freeze. That makes me nervous.
Read in another thread, deer park stated that no news could be released from 5pm Friday evening til the following of the championship game per leauge rules so no need in looking for any announcements today. Also he said that to his knowledge it's not Freeze and never has been. He doesn't know who it is but says if it's Freeze he will be shocked. Tifwiw, just passing along info in case ya haven't saw it.

Why would he move down from HC to OC??
It’s a more than fair question and he probably wouldn’t. That said, Freeze might just be able to land an equivalent HC position somewhere as opposed to coaching as OC in a league he has already proven himself in, but plenty think he will take the OC position because it is at the University of Tennessee and it will pay well. Also, he may be realizing his team will not play for an NC, no matter how well they play. Furthermore, his stint in the SEC was at Missouri and they did as well as they are going to do with winning the SEC East and losing the SEC Championship two years in a row. So, he still has more to accomplish IN the SEC. Continuing to coach at UCF and hopefully winning and drawing big opponents in bowls and beating them like Frost did Auburn is one avenue. He will have to continue doing that. Or, he could be the highest paid OC in college football, return to the SEC to work for a brand like UT and be a part of restoring the program to national prominence. I believe he could do so in three years. If he accomplishes that he earns an HC coach at a big time program either outside of the SEC or possibly at a decent SEC school. Likely? Maybe not. But Pruitt is a good recruiter and when you have someone out there like that, you don’t assume they wouldn’t just because most wouldn’t. This is where money talks and so does Pruitt lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: johnsonbrewer
Read in another thread, deer park stated that no news could be released from 5pm Friday evening til the following of the championship game per leauge rules so no need in looking for any announcements today. Also he said that to his knowledge it's not Freeze and never has been. He doesn't know who it is but says if it's Freeze he will be shocked. Tifwiw, just passing along info in case ya haven't saw it.
Thanks for the info friend!

Reactions: vegasvolfan

The more time that passes, the less I feel it's Freeze as well. With him being unemployed at this point, it should have been a quick, easy hire. More likely someone playing in a bowl game. JMO

Last edited:
Freeze will probably end up at Bama. Saint Nick seems to dictate what everyone else does.

The more time that passes, the less I feel it's Freeze as well. With him being unemployed at this point, it should have been a quick, easy hire. More likely someone playing in a bowl game. JMO

I thought he’d been hired by the Arizona Hotshots in the new AAF League as OC. Even heard somewhere in all the chaos of information/misinformation that getting out of his contract could be part of the problem or delay.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Brice says a decision coming soon. He thinks its either HF or Chip. Says there was High level conversations today.

Freeze going to upper crust and not bottom feeders. Thank God for Rick Barnes. They will 38C5D5A5-6F9A-45D4-936B-7A2F7D0ACB42.gifscrew it up soon.

Brice says a decision coming soon. He thinks its either HF or Chip. Says there was High level conversations today.

I saw that a little while ago. In my mind it was between those two anyways. Hopefully with Enos on the bubble. But then I thought that it may depend on what happens with Lock and Alabama. So who knows. Hopefully he is correct with it coming soon.

I saw that a little while ago. In my mind it was between those two anyways. Hopefully with Enos on the bubble. But then I thought that it may depend on what happens with Lock and Alabama. So who knows. Hopefully he is correct with it coming soon.
I hope so. BVS starts showing after a while

I thought he’d been hired by the Arizona Hotshots in the new AAF League as OC. Even heard somewhere in all the chaos of information/misinformation that getting out of his contract could be part of the problem or delay.
He is currently the OC for the hotshots but it should not have any bearing as Freeze clearly wants back into college football and he and Sexton would have that taken care of I'm sure, may be the holdup though.

Reactions: OrangeGlasses731
Prepare to be disappointed

disappointment.jpg

Howdy

Reactions: FLVOL69

VN Store

Back