*****Tennessee Football Coaching Search BIG BOARD [updated 12.4 10:47 am]

Who do you think leaked it to Hyams and 247?

Well the Hyams tweet today was from a fake account. I genuinely believe that Fulmer and Pruitt were making moves and lining things up and then taking to the board and prez. For an OC, I doubt those folks need to be involved in the “search and interviews.”

If the board and Boyd are truly holding this up, people should protest with the check book and I’m talking the season ticket holders and finally quit being pansies. Just do it!

Reactions: bpalmer28
Well the Hyams tweet today was from a fake account. I genuinely believe that Fulmer and Pruitt were making moves and lining things up and then taking to the board and prez. For an OC, I doubt those folks need to be involved in the “search and interviews.”

If the board and Boyd are truly holding this up, people should protest with the check book and I’m talking the season ticket holders and finally quit being pansies. Just do it!
I'm not talking about the Hyams tweet, I'm talking about Hyams on his show this afternoon talking about the Boyd situation. Hyams was actually pissed about it, he said why would you let CJP talk to CHF and offer him the job only to tell him you're not going to sign off on it.

Let's be very very clear about Freeze: He is going to spend next season at either Tennessee, Alabama, or Auburn. Just as sure as Jerry Reed was getting Mr. Coach Klein's playbook, one of those schools is getting Hugh Freeze.

No acceptable excuse in the world for it not being us. We can't sit back and let other schools do what we're afraid to do.

Reactions: preacherwebb
Can someone please tell me why an Athletic director needs approval from the intern president to make hiring decisions for there football team? Genuinely curious cuz I’ll be damned if the haslams screwed us over once again. It’s literally not fair to this fanbase what so ever

Can someone please tell me why an Athletic director needs approval from the intern president to make hiring decisions for there football team? Genuinely curious cuz I’ll be damned if the haslams screwed us over once again. It’s literally not fair to this fanbase what so ever
Seems stupid. Kind of like am an interim coach Brady Hoake kicking Juaun off the team

Yep. We lost him. He don’t want no part of this. On to greener pastures for freeze.
But the grass isn’t always greener on the other side.

I'm not talking about the Hyams tweet, I'm talking about Hyams on his show this afternoon talking about the Boyd situation. Hyams was actually pissed about it, he said why would you let CJP talk to CHF and offer him the job only to tell him you're not going to sign off on it.

Ah, didn’t know about his radio show. Look Fulmer forced his way into the AD spot by a bunch of anti Haslam multimillionaire boosters. There was a lot of money that Fulmer got behind him and after Currie’s meltdown, there was no possible way to keep him and not give the gig to Fulmer.

Bev stuck her neck out and sided with Fulmer. We saw how that worked out for her as chancellor. Until Lee got into the race, Boyd was gonna be governor and was gonna payback the Haslams by installing a Haslam into Joe P’s spot. Bill Lee messed up their calculus.

I totally believe Big Jim and Billy are still pissed and will try to defy common sense anyway they can.

But what would these folks do for social gathering on football Saturday, ;)

Yes @randyboyd
Here’s his UT email
utpresident@tennessee.edu

Thank you for this info.
I sent an email, and encourage others to do the same.

President Boyd,
I am no one of any consequence. I am not a man of means. I am, however, a 45 year old life long Vol fan. I have spent thousands of dollars thru the years on tickets, merchandise, concessions, ect. IF it is true that you are blocking the hire of Hugh Freeze because of his past indiscretions (especially if you haven't talked to him yourself, face to face), thus, hindering the resurgence of UT Football, I will no longer be a supporter of UT sports at all. I cannot continue to give my hard earned dollars to a university that does not care about the product they put on the field/court. Again, I know I am nobody, but I also know that my voice mirrors the voice of many, many other Vol fans and supporters, many of whom do have means. We are sick and tired of the UT administration embarrassing the fan base as well as the state. Support your Athletic Director and let his do his job.
Thank You,
XXXXXX Webb

Thank you for this info.

President Boyd,
I am no one of any consequence. I am not a man of means. I am, however, a 45 year old life long Vol fan. I have spent thousands of dollars thru the years on tickets, merchandise, concessions, ect. IF it is true that you are blocking the hire of Hugh Freeze because of his past indiscretions (especially if you haven't talked to him yourself, face to face), thus, hindering the resurgence of UT Football, I will no longer be a supporter of UT sports at all. I cannot continue to give my hard earned dollars to a university that does not care about the product they put on the field/court. Again, I know I am nobody, but I also know that my voice mirrors the voice of many, many other Vol fans and supporters, many of whom do have means. We are sick and tired of the UT administration embarrassing the fan base as well as the state. Support your Athletic Director and let his do his job.
Thank You,
XXXXXX Webb

Folks we need to calm down. We don’t even know if these “rumors” are true and now the fan base is going bat$$$$ crazy again and sending tweets and emails to someone who may not even be involved

Let this play out and see what happens before we go off the deep end as a fan base again

Folks we need to calm down. We don’t even know if these “rumors” are true and now the fan base is going bat$$$$ crazy again and sending tweets and emails to someone who may not even be involved

Let this play out and see what happens before we go off the deep end as a fan base again
this has been played out for the last decade, I know how it ends

IF what is being said is true, and we wait, it may be too late to even have a voice.
IF what is being said isn't true, then our emails and tweets probably are meaningless.
If what is being said is true, and Fulmer is rallying donors, and we as a fanbase are making our voice heard ...

(just my 2 cents)

Reactions: lifeisdeep

Because we are TN and thats the way the Haslams want things. Watch Bama hire Freeze in a spit second. Wanna know how that convo goes with the Bama AD and boosters?

Bama AD: i wonder who Nick will hire as OC?
Boosters: We are curious as well.
Nick Saban: I am going to hire Hugh Freeze
AD and boosters: Ok coach.

Thats how a championship program operates.

Thank you for this info.

President Boyd,
Thank You,
XXXXXX Webb

You are truly one of my favorite Grudenites. Keep on keeping on preacherwebb.

The fan base is being heard. With as much of a ruckus as there is on Twitter with excitement about the UT AD coming out of the shadows of incompetence and making not just a good hire, but the BEST hire. They know that if the fans catch even a scent of this being squashed by the admin they (we) will go bat sh**.

Hubbs is a professional but his connections have been mediocre at best lately. Do I believe there is some vast conspiracy against Freeze in the AD? No. Does the UT Administration handicap the athletic department? Absolutely and it has since Dickey left

So the president of the university isn’t responsible for the consequences of the hire? A hire that is in the top 10 paid public employees in the state?

Hierarchy of management is by design.

Personally, I don’t believe this story. I cannot believe that if the top brass had issues, they would not have raised a red flag before now. If everything else is true, why did it get this far.

So the president of the university isn’t responsible for the consequences of the hire? A hire that is in the top 10 paid public employees in the state?

Hierarchy of management is by design.

Personally, I don’t believe this story. I cannot believe that if the top brass had issues, they would not have raised a red flag before now. If everything else is true, why did it get this far.
I just don’t see how Fulmer will keep putting up with the dumb decisions they keep making.

VN Store

Back