Tennessee making a DB scheme change in 2024?

Lol . . . They're absolutely awful. You can tell within 10 seconds that it's just some guy talking out their ass, but then you realize you've given them a View and you get mad at yourself.
Truth, and that Dave Hooker is just plain stupid. They all get their information from Volquest and then act like they are breaking news. Pitiful

Truth, and that Dave Hooker is just plain stupid. They all get their information from Volquest and then act like they are breaking news. Pitiful
Hooker can at least string together a commentary - even if it's obviously someone else's. Some of the guest hosts though, are a complete cringefest. I gave it a try and I just couldn't take it.

Sitting back in soft zone is clearly not the answer either. Just like everything else, you need a defense that can do it all, zone, man, a healthy mixture of both, all while disguising the coverage and still getting to the ball in a hurry. Most importantly you need to develop cover skills. Something that has been lacking both in capable personnel and coaching imo

Last edited:
I'm not aware of any scheme that will actually change the fact Tennessee doesn't have a corner that can take away a team's #1 receiver. They need a talent upgrade and scheme doesn't matter.
It can be better. Our safeties were abysmal unfortunately too.

Wanting us to play press man is such a clueless take. It’s like saying we should run the Wishbone on offense.
True. Playing press coverage with our corners and blitzing as much as we do is a recipe for disaster. We play team defense and of course we always want to get better. But for a defense to spend more time on the field than any other defense in the conference and still finish 5th in points allowed and total yards allowed per game isn't the worst thing in the world.

VN Store

Back