Tennessee making a DB scheme change in 2024?

Truth, and that Dave Hooker is just plain stupid. They all get their information from Volquest and then act like they are breaking news. Pitiful
Talking Vols plainly tells you every single show that they are just fans talking about football why do you guys have such a hard time understanding that. I actually appreciate what they do. Sometimes you wouldn’t hear news at all if it wasn’t for them. give them a break. They’re our fans also.

Having a pair of safeties worth a damn would also help.

It definitely would, but a great front 7 takes so much pressure off the DBs that you don't really need studs. A great front 7 can carry the entire defense, where as great DBs are not going to be make up for the deficiencies in the line--give a QB enough time to roam around and the receivers will get open.

Lol . . . They're absolutely awful. You can tell within 10 seconds that it's just some guy talking out their ass, but then you realize you've given them a View and you get mad at yourself.
Pretty much the same dilemma on our boards with the serial nega VOLS with their consistently arrogant takes made without real knowledge that our AD and coaches have by actually having complete data sets. Check out the Likes and it is pretty clear where they align with one another even with different points of emphasis.

Reactions: Ned Ray McWorkher
Lol . . . They're absolutely awful. You can tell within 10 seconds that it's just some guy talking out their ass, but then you realize you've given them a View and you get mad at yourself.

I always defend the talking vawls guy because the few videos I’ve seen he’s always stressed he’s just a fan like everyone else and always gives his sources. But part of me is jealous, I wish I could make a living just talking about stuff he gets off volquest 😂

Dave Hooker and Caleb Calhoun have an outstanding show. Pay attention and watch several episodes. They know their stuff and are quite entertaining. Hit Like and Subscribe!

Wanting us to play press man is such a clueless take. It’s like saying we should run the Wishbone on offense.
Now it wouldve been something to see wright small and Sampson lined up behind Joe in the wish bone. Would it work? Most likely not. Would’ve looked good though

does not matter what the scheme is if you do not have the Jimmy's and the Joe's
This is the bottom line that a lot of ppl overlook and just see players donning the orange jersey expect the coaches to coach them up to 5 stars. If it was only that simple. We have lost a bunch of DBs by portal, grad etc.. that were playing like 3 stars, we probably not going to be elite there, but I believe the younger guys and a few portals can be as good or better. Just got to get the Jimmies & Joes to make plays.

Now it wouldve been something to see wright small and Sampson lined up behind Joe in the wish bone. Would it work? Most likely not. Would’ve looked good though
The O line and all assignments and gaps are totally different, Joe is the anti-wishbone QB type, would be a disaster to implement with players that have never been there. Fun to think about those 3 in same Back field though.

Reactions: Swiftybaby
Something is likely going on when you have 4-5 DBs hitting the xfer portal as of today. Both the old and the new.

No worse than the same recycled stuff we read from 90% of the posters on here.

kind of feels like we are shedding some dead weight/overpaid players to free up money for better value defenders

wild how close college ball is getting to the pros.

Reactions: Ratvol
Dave Hooker and Caleb Calhoun have an outstanding show. Pay attention and watch several episodes. They know their stuff and are quite entertaining. Hit Like and Subscribe!
When Hooker isn't acting like a 12 year old and bragging about his fighting prowess. Or laughing for five minutes at his own jokes.

Reactions: Ratvol
Hooker can at least string together a commentary - even if it's obviously someone else's. Some of the guest hosts though, are a complete cringefest. I gave it a try and I just couldn't take it.
I used to give Hooker a listen but with all the competition, albeit mediocre , IMO instead of bringing' his game up, he has got into the mud. As Stein said, just no there, there.

Reactions: cherokeeeVOL
I used to give Hooker a listen but with all the competition, albeit mediocre , IMO instead of bringing' his game up, he has got into the mud. As Stein said, just no there, there.
He’s pretty negative too along with his sidekick. I did enjoy the Fred White segments they had this past season though.

VN Store

Back