Tennessee Ranked 2nd for Best Game Day Atmosphere

Tman44

God Father of Soul
I'm not mad at it. LSU at night is definitely crazy! I could almost say it and Neyland are 1a and 1b. They're both iconic atmospheres.

As much as I hate the Domers-ND does game day right with all the traditions and pageantry.

Made me sick to my stomach that I enjoyed my experience there as much as I did.

This is just another opinion based list of the best gameday atmospheres in the nation. We were given the 2 spot, which is pretty cool, even thought it is just an opinion, I'll tell ya a fact.... NO ONE will compete with us once the Neyland Entertainment District is complete! What a great time to be a Vol!!!

Looks accurate to me.

I’m glad they left off The Sleepy Grove of Ole Miss. It’s different, but not a place that an outside can have an experience to talk about for years. It’s kind of exclusive to the season ticket holders of the home team.

This is just another opinion based list of the best gameday atmospheres in the nation. We were given the 2 spot, which is pretty cool, even thought it is just an opinion, I'll tell ya a fact.... NO ONE will compete with us once the Neyland Entertainment District is complete! What a great time to be a Vol!!!

I don't know about that. I'd like to think that it's the passion of Tennessee fans both in the stadium and outside at the tailgates that make Neyland such a great atmosphere, rather than a bunch of expensive corporate storefronts and a private hotel.

LSU always gets recognition for their night game atmosphere. But any stadium at night is a tough environment to play in. What makes death valley so much better?

Yep been there 3 times(78, 91 and 01), no place like it.
I’ve been twice and I don’t see it that treat at all. To me, it’s a bunch of self-patting on the back for a run of the mill SEC team experience… when at the end of the day it’s a bunch of Catholics, which is no more respectable than a bunch of Scientologists lol

Reactions: VOLLeeann
Looks accurate to me.

I’m glad they left off The Sleepy Grove of Ole Miss. It’s different, but not a place that an outside can have an experience to talk about for years. It’s kind of exclusive to the season ticket holders of the home team.
Agreed, it’s fairly boring.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I don't know about that. I'd like to think that it's the passion of Tennessee fans both in the stadium and outside at the tailgates that make Neyland such a great atmosphere, rather than a bunch of expensive corporate storefronts and a private hotel.
Tailgates will not go away. There will be even more. Then we will need to expand the stadium. For y'all Hans and Frans fans, Listen to me today, see you next Tuesday. 🤣

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Agreed. Rocky Top is sung many times outside the gate waiting to get in. The banter is great outside, too!

November 1991?

Nah man. That was before my time.

I went to a GT/ND game there maybe 10 years ago (possibly longer). Was on a work assignment in Chicago and was asked to stay another week. Once it was decided I was staying, bought a ticket online, rented a car, and drove down Saturday morning..

Like I said, absolutely hate ND but I give credit where it is due. They do game day right.

I’ve never seen one of these ratings that had much detail. You kind of just go to a game at a campus and see whether it makes you feel excited or not. I’m sure it’s a lot easier to share a bowl of gumbo than it is to give smoked meats to a passerby.

VN Store

Back