Tennessee Softball 2023

I don't think we have a pitcher on our staff that could've pitched better than what Pickens did today. She is elite has a lot of movement on the ball.
Watching the game it seemed like some of the pitches the catcher wasn’t expecting that kind of movement or speed. Not sure but she fell off balance a few times catching the pitch

can't remember ever seeing a game before where there were no walks --- gotta love it
Great win and great performance by Karlyn Pickens. If anyone doubted her abilities their questions were answered in this game. She just beat an undefeated team and outpitched one of the best pitchers in the country. If the Lady Vols with three of the best pitchers in the nation don't make to the College World Series this season, something is definitely wrong.

Awesome win Softvols. Wished Pickens would’ve spiked the ball On that last out, like Clemson’s catcher did on the last out in the bottom of the 6th. And Since she was the last out of the game.
She was being classy. Behaving as though she had been there. Either way, great win.

I don’t post much on this thread, but what a performance by Pickens. She’s been so good this year. Excellent win! As others have said, we legit might have 3 pitchers for our weekend series in the SEC. What a change . I’ve heard from some insiders, letting Karen fully take the reins has changed the vibe. I know she has her faults, but I’m willing to let her see what she can do with this squad.
Well today was her signature win!

Only negative is our overall lack of speed. Nothing to be done about that Lair would help.
Agreed however i had rather have the team that hopefully has more hitters this go around.Team looks good in their uniforms and overall a bigger team top to bottom. Karen has a thing for letting Goodloe pinch run often. Someone in the dugout must be faster than her that did not play.That run was out a home but could have been big. Happy for the girls and not complaining at all.

Agreed however i had rather have the team that hopefully has more hitters this go around.Team looks good in their uniforms and overall a bigger team top to bottom. Karen has a thing for letting Goodloe pinch run often. Someone in the dugout must be faster than her that did not play.That run was out a home but could have been big. Happy for the girls and not complaining at all.
I’d be surprised if there was anyone faster than Goodloe….Mesusan might be a better baserunner. But pure speed, Goodloe.

I agree, should have had a faster runner than Goodloe in that situation. We may have needed that run big time, luckily we didn't. Let's not push our luck and always have the fastest pinch runners possible in there. Several of the small freshmen in the dugout have to be faster than Goodloe.

I agree, should have had a faster runner than Goodloe in that situation. We may have needed that run big time, luckily we didn't. Let's not push our luck and always have the fastest pinch runners possible in there. Several of the small freshmen in the dugout have to be faster than Goodloe.
Could not agree more as i said~!

That was a really strong throw and right on target. but she looked safe to me looks like she got that hand down just before the tag. If we had anyone faster it wouldn't be by much and still would've been a close play.

Reactions: orange beard

VN Store

Back