Tennessee Softball 2023

Not looking good for a return of Liar or Grace this season. Which will hurt in SEC play because we need more hitters in the lineup. Which after knowing what we have in Pickens now, let’s get everyone healthy and make our run next year. I’m just worried that we aren’t going to be able to out hit a team if we need to this year after our first 4 in the lineup. But I’m sure excited to see how far this pitching staff can take the team this year.

I am really pumped about our pitching staff coming out of the USF tourney but, if true, am deflated reading we may not have Taylor, Lair, or Gracie for the season. I absolutely hate it for them and wish them successful recoveries. But I am hoping the news may not be that bad. That’s 3 big sticks to lose! I feel we are solid 1-7, Destiny will eventually hit and Rylie is working her way back from injury whether as OF or DP. That leaves 2 batting spots for 2 people to step up. Katie hit her first HR and Amanda is on fire. But Brylee, Jami, Camryn, Jenna, or Jackie need to develop a stick. Jenna was smacking it in the fall but is 0-8 currently (better pitching obviously).They all came to UT wanting a shot, well here it is. First ones to hit play. Right now it’s Katie and Amanda. I think we will be fine. Looking forward to seeing them at home Friday!

I am really pumped about our pitching staff coming out of the USF tourney but, if true, am deflated reading we may not have Taylor, Lair, or Gracie for the season. I absolutely hate it for them and wish them successful recoveries. But I am hoping the news may not be that bad. That’s 3 big sticks to lose! I feel we are solid 1-7, Destiny will eventually hit and Rylie is working her way back from injury whether as OF or DP. That leaves 2 batting spots for 2 people to step up. Katie hit her first HR and Amanda is on fire. But Brylee, Jami, Camryn, Jenna, or Jackie need to develop a stick. Jenna was smacking it in the fall but is 0-8 currently (better pitching obviously).They all came to UT wanting a shot, well here it is. First ones to hit play. Right now it’s Katie and Amanda. I think we will be fine. Looking forward to seeing them at home Friday!
I am optimistic that Destiny but not sure she will hit as we need her to. West can play 2nd and i bet Amanda can as well. Both will be better hitters than DR. JMHO!

Reactions: anecwnrjcns12
I am optimistic that Destiny but not sure she will hit as we need her to. West can play 2nd and i bet Amanda can as well. Both will be better hitters than DR. JMHO!
I’m hoping Des starts to hit better but Amanda is very versatile and can be plugged in where needed. Would like to see at least one more player, whoever it is, be consistent in the box.

Absurd taking OU and texas into the conference--just more greed by everybody. In a practical sense, 16-team conferences
are ridiculous.

Reactions: EZE

VN Store

Back