Tennessee Softball 2023

The shutout streak continues! Great job LVs! Kiki a great day. Amanda Ahlin continues to impress me hitting and showing versatility by playing some 3B. Glad to see every roster player getting some ABs. I thought something was up last night when McKenna went to 3B the last couple of innings, then Amanda doing the same thing vs App St. Not starting vs Jax St tells me Zaida is sick or injured. Rest her up for next weekend if need be. We got her covered this weekend.

I haven’t really kept up with softball — is this normal? Our team seems pretty dominant. Could anyone explain the landscape of college softball a little… is there a top dog (ex. South Carolina in WBB) or is it fairly open? Would be awesome to see another #1 team on rocky top..

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I am starting to really believe now that Karen finally got it right on recruiting some elite pitchers. Its nice to know we don't have to hope Rogers arm doesn't fall off before the season ends. Very excited this team can do some real damage this year.
The addition of Payton could be the portal player of the year. Saves Ashley and allows Pickens to learn/grow without getting too much too fast.

I haven’t really kept up with softball — is this normal? Our team seems pretty dominant. Could anyone explain the landscape of college softball a little… is there a top dog (ex. South Carolina in WBB) or is it fairly open? Would be awesome to see another #1 team on rocky top..
I think this is the best team we've had in a few years. I guess you would have to consider Oklahoma as the top dog in the sport along with UCLA, but the SEC including Tennessee are very good teams and we can beat anybody on any given day.

I think this is the best team we've had in a few years. I guess you would have to consider Oklahoma as the top dog in the sport along with UCLA, but the SEC including Tennessee are very good teams and we can beat anybody on any given day.
This is the best pitching we have had a least since the Renfro days. Defense getting better and the bats will be hugh if we can do some things when the SEC schedule starts. I would say Oklahoma and Ucla are a notch above most everyone!

Simpson starting today. One hit but no runs in the first for Jacksonville St. Noticed that Donihoo has a fairly weak arm for a shortstop. That might hurt us some with the faster players.
After following Davis most are going to look slow but i agree she is a step or two slow!

VN Store

Back