Tennessee Softball 2023

Someone please tell me what's going on? I checked the Lady Vol softball website a couple hours ago and it said game tied 3-3. Then I just checked a minute ago and it said we beat Belmont 1-0. Then I check here and posters saying we won 2-0....then I see other posts saying game hasn't started. Please help. Thanks.

Someone please tell me what's going on? I checked the Lady Vol softball website a couple hours ago and it said game tied 3-3. Then I just checked a minute ago and it said we beat Belmont 1-0. Then I check here and posters saying we won 2-0....then I see other posts saying game hasn't started. Please help. Thanks.
SIDEARMLiveStats

Shows 3-0 in 3rd.

Reactions: djohnnyg
Won the first game today 2 to 0 then there was a game between Belmont and Jacksonville State that was the one they were showing 3 to 3 don't know who finally won it went 11 innings. Now were leading Belmont 3 to 0 have the based loaded.

Ashley with another year and Payton with two and both not having to carry the load is a good problem to have. Can’t stress how much it helps Pickens develop without the expectations her Fr year.

I'm not saying that it's not a good feeling to have a strong stable of pitchers, but I'm not sure that "expectations" are going to be a problem with Pickens. At this point in the season, she has thrown a complete game shutout against the then number 5 team, Clemson and yesterday threw a five-inning perfect game against Appalachian State with several readings from the radar gun of Monica Abbott territory of 72-73 mph on her pitches. And, yes, I realize it was Appy State, but a perfect game is hard to pitch against anybody!

Jim

I'm not saying that it's not a good feeling to have a strong stable of pitchers, but I'm not sure that "expectations" are going to be a problem with Pickens. At this point in the season, she has thrown a complete game shutout against the then number 5 team, Clemson and yesterday threw a five-inning perfect game against Appalachian State with several readings from the radar gun of Monica Abbott territory of 72-73 mph on her pitches. And, yes, I realize it was Appy State, but a perfect game is hard to pitch against anybody!

She was really popping the ball. Girl got bat on the ball but really there should have been no base runners on at that point. Most impressive after she hit the batter in the helmet came right back for the strikeout.

I wonder what the record is for shutout wins in a row. This would be 7 if we can get them couple more innings.

If they continue to pitch like this, it could be a special season.

And, no, that doesn’t mean a shutout in every game, which we know won’t happen once the level of competition rises. But, this staff looks really good so far.

I think this is the best team we've had in a few years. I guess you would have to consider Oklahoma as the top dog in the sport along with UCLA, but the SEC including Tennessee are very good teams and we can beat anybody on any given day.

I caught some of the WCWS last year in OKC. No doubt that Oklahoma is the top dog and it really isn’t very close.

But, while obviously good to make it there, I didn’t see UCLA as standing out from the rest. Of course, they will always have that mystique and will be a recruiting class or two from having a great team.

Jim
Just think back to Ashley coming in as a National Player of the Year and Gabby Sprang and her accolades/expectations. Both didn’t have a cast to bring them along early to succeed. I’ve seen Pickens for a long time and watched her thrive and watched her struggle as recently as this past summer. The Clemson game was huge for her and having to not pitch too much, too fast right now is her biggest friend for growth.

Just think back to Ashley coming in as a National Player of the Year and Gabby Sprang and her accolades/expectations. Both didn’t have a cast to bring them along early to succeed. I’ve seen Pickens for a long time and watched her thrive and watched her struggle as recently as this past summer. The Clemson game was huge for her and having to not pitch too much, too fast right now is her biggest friend for growth.

Ashley had her best season as a freshman because of the cast around her, not in spite of it.

Gabby Sprang had one of the most talented teams in recent history behind her, she just couldn't throw strikes. Her lack of success had nothing to do with anyone but her. She led the SEC in wild pitches despite limited innings. Transferred to Oklahoma State and led the Big 12 in wild pitches despite limited innings. Transferred to Purdue and barely pitched. Super kid, looked great from all reports in practice and in the bullpen, but couldn't put it over the plate in games.

VN Store

Back