Tennessee Softball 2023

It is interesting to listen to the LSU broadcasters talk about how good Tennessee’s softball team is playing. We have the best pitching staff, the best hitters in the league , and are the class of the SEC. You know what; I believe them.

I like LSU's announcers....They're pretty good.

How come, Ashley didn't get the save? Explain to me, I'm a little bit fuzzy on the rules.

14.29.8 Save. A pitcher must meet all three of the following conditions to be
credited with a save:
14.29.8.1 They are the last pitcher in the win.
14.29.8.2 They are not the winning pitcher.
14.29.8.3 They meet one of the following conditions:
14.29.8.3.1 They enter or reenter the game to pitch with a lead of not
more than three runs and pitch for at least one inning.
14.29.8.3.2 They pitch effectively for at least three innings.
14.29.8.3.3 They enter or reenter the game to pitch with the potential
tying run on base, at bat or on-deck.

Note: Not more than one save may be credited in a game.

The confusing one, is the last.

Bottom of the 6th - LSU Batting
Clark struck out swinging, reached first on a wild pitch (0-2 KKK).
Gutierrez walked (3-1 BBBKB);
Clark advanced to second.
A. Rogers to p for Pickens.
Giglio pinch ran for Clark.
Bergeron to dp.
Petty popped up to 3b (1-1 BS)
Gutierrez advanced to second on a wild pitch;
Giglio advanced to third on a wild pitch.
Bergeron popped up to 3b (2-2 KFFBBF).
Walker struck out looking (0-2 FFK).

LSU Inning Summary: 0 Runs, 0 Hits, 0 Errors, 2 LOB

A great on the road series sweep! Doesn’t happen often in the SEC amongst the top half teams. Showing the ability to pick each other up. Lots of contributors without Kiki having a strong offensive series. Plus with our 3 arms it will be hard to win a series against us. Hate to see another hospital photo but wish Taylor and Gracie well.

This is the most depth we've had on the mound and at the plate in years.

Have we got any pitching prospects in line for next year? Who's going to be our no. 2 starter?

A great on the road series sweep! Doesn’t happen often in the SEC amongst the top half teams. Showing the ability to pick each other up. Lots of contributors without Kiki having a strong offensive series. Plus with our 3 arms it will be hard to win a series against us. Hate to see another hospital photo but wish Taylor and Gracie well.
I believe Gotshall has another year. Don’t know on recruiting who is in line.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
This is the most depth we've had on the mound and at the plate in years.

Have we got any pitching prospects in line for next year? Who's going to be our no. 2 starter?
i think payton comes back for her 5th year, and then ofc we will have pickens. i’m sure we will go in the portal like we did with EE last year and payton this year.

i think payton comes back for her 5th year, and then ofc we will have pickens. i’m sure we will go in the portal like we did with EE last year and payton this year.

I'm sure we will, too--we've gotten a lot of pitchers via transfer, but most have not worked out. How nice it is to have two excellent pitchers---if not three--and of course we'd like to keep it that way after Rogers leaves!

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back