Tennessee Softball 2024

Rogers returning, I’d say absolutely. Feel we are more in the 8-12 range, which is respectable.
See, I think we are still top 10, but I agree that it might be a little high.
The lineup should be good, Peyton is a fine SP1, Pickens has all the stuff to be a legit starter, but her developing into a decent SP2 is a huge deal imo.

See, I think we are still top 10, but I agree that it might be a little high.
The lineup should be good, Peyton is a fine SP1, Pickens has all the stuff to be a legit starter, but her developing into a decent SP2 is a huge deal imo.
Don’t disagree. No secret, the season rides on how far two arms can take us. Pickens biggest development will be between the ears and mental aspect of the role.

I also think #2 is a bit high but a lot of teams lost their ace. Hopefully we can outhit a lot teams with an offense almost entirely returning. Also, the ACC teams that we faced in the fall are pretty good teams. I think it was a 1-0 loss to Duke on their field? That’s not bad when you consider they’ll likely be a top 10 team and it’s fall ball.

chuckiepoo do you get Longhorn Network? If you do I am jealous, how's the network going forward?
Nope. Not a Longhorn fan, at all. The LHN was the beginning of the end of the SWC.

Edit: LHN didn’t kick off until 2011. SWC ceased in 1996. Still not a Longhorn fan.

Last edited:
Seems high but softball is becoming more offense minded. We will go as we hit. Plus we have two top level pitchers. The days of one stud pitcher carrying you through the season with all the scouting and hitting advancements is pretty much over. Lets go.

Seems high but softball is becoming more offense minded. We will go as we hit. Plus we have two top level pitchers. The days of one stud pitcher carrying you through the season with all the scouting and hitting advancements is pretty much over. Lets go.
All I gotta say is that if it takes 4 pitchers to win a game i’ll take it. Throwback to 2015 when we were pitching change central.

Glad to see all the regulars (everyone has checked in but @volman128 and @Volstylexx I think) back and ready for a great season. I am grateful softball is getting #2 recognition. Happy for Karen!

That early recognition will serve as a target though. Just ask Tennessee men's basketball. Hopefully we will be focused early. Cause y'all know in softball it gets late real early.

Nope. Not a Longhorn fan, at all. The LHN was the beginning of the end of the SWC.

Edit: LHN didn’t kick off until 2011. SWC ceased in 1996. Still not a Longhorn fan.
No not a fan of Texas, even though they delivered the coach of the basketball team. I figured had it wrapped into cable/tv pkg or something else.

Glad to see all the regulars (everyone has checked in but @volman128 and @Volstylexx I think) back and ready for a great season. I am grateful softball is getting #2 recognition. Happy for Karen!

That early recognition will serve as a target though. Just ask Tennessee men's basketball. Hopefully we will be focused early. Cause y'all know in softball it gets late real early.

My ticket is already purchased for Oklahoma City this year. LETS GOOOO!!!!

No not a fan of Texas, even though they delivered the coach of the basketball team. I figured had it wrapped into cable/tv pkg or something else.
I wonder if the Longhorn Network will cease to exist when they start playing in the SEC. They will belong to the SEC Network. No need for them to have their own network anymore.

VN Store

Back