The 112th United States Open

#16 is just insane. Pure "wow" factor accomplished. Wont see many other than maybe a few of the bombers try for it. More likely Driver/wood-long iron/wedge/two putt. Then you follow that with the 17th which is not any easier. Tough looking finisheg holes.

Really excited to see how they play it.

Hard to believe there will be more than a few triples on a hole with no OB or water.

The pairing of Tiger, Bubba and Phil is going to create the biggest traffic jam in golf history. If you were a great fan of any of them you would have a very hard time seeing any of their shots if you were following them.

So how about this Zhang kid? I'm always apprehensive about players that young going into big time tournaments. Michelle Wie wasn't the first to jump in with the big timers at too young an age.

So how about this Zhang kid? I'm always apprehensive about players that young going into big time tournaments. Michelle Wie wasn't the first to jump in with the big timers at too young an age.

The difference is, he actually qualified as an alternate and got in.

True, but even being good enough, I still get apprehensive about it.

What does he have to lose? If he never makes it to another US Open it will be something he will never forget. If he does he'll be that much better next time.

As long as he gets the chance to keep competing with his own age group, I think kids that young need to be able to get comfortable leading the field and used to closing out tournaments.

I suppose it all depends on the mindset he carries out there. But I could never, as an athlete, picture going out into a tournament or season without envisioning winning (or in the case of golf, at least being a strong competitor).

Just FYI. usopen.com will be streaming two groups on thursday and friday. Of course the Woods, Mickelson, Watson group will be one of them.

As long as he gets the chance to keep competing with his own age group, I think kids that young need to be able to get comfortable leading the field and used to closing out tournaments.

I suppose it all depends on the mindset he carries out there. But I could never, as an athlete, picture going out into a tournament or season without envisioning winning (or in the case of golf, at least being a strong competitor).

I think you're really overanalyzing this. It's not like he's dropping out of school to join the circus or something. I'm sure he has zero expectations other than gaining experience and having a good time. It's not career move a la Michelle Wie or Ty Trion

What does he have to lose? If he never makes it to another US Open it will be something he will never forget. If he does he'll be that much better next time.

heard him comment on ESPN radio, that he talked to his Dad in China, and right after his Dad told him he was proud of him...his Dad told him not to get to nervous because he wouldn't make the cut anyway

heard him comment on ESPN radio, that he talked to his Dad in China, and right after his Dad told him he was proud of him...his Dad told him not to get to nervous because he wouldn't make the cut anyway

That's hilarious...and brutally honest. I'm not sure I could be that straight forward with my son.

I think you're really overanalyzing this. It's not like he's dropping out of school to join the circus or something. I'm sure he has zero expectations other than gaining experience and having a good time. It's not career move a la Michelle Wie or Ty Trion
You're probably right.

VN Store

Back