The 112th United States Open

I think I saw Bubba Watson, but I could be wrong.

I was wrong. He played a practice round with Watson. He's playing with a couple of no names.

"He will play in the 11:21 a.m. ET group on Thursday at The Olympic Club alongside Hiroyuki Fujita and Mark Wilson."

Wilsons had a few wins on the PGA
Still, not an intimidating guy to play with relatively speaking. He's a good player, but not really a household name or a guy that's going to drive it 50 yards past the kid.

Two days before Mickelson plays the U.S. Open’s headline pairing with Tiger Woods and Bubba Watson, he played a practice round with two teen-aged amateurs and a club pro. The teens, Beau Hossler and Alberto Sanchez, teamed against Mickelson and Mike McCormick, a left-handed pro at Suburban Golf Club in Union, N.J. The youngsters beat the southpaws, 1 up.

“It was best-ball, righties vs. lefties, two 17-year-olds against, I don’t know how old those guys are now,” said Sanchez, who graduated from La Jolla Country Day School on June 1, three days before he qualified for the Open at nearby Lake Merced and TPC Harding Park.

Tiger will win this. Book it!

If I was teeing off the 10th to begin Thursday I'd be counting my blessings. The first 6 on the front are just down right nasty!

Last edited:
I hope tiger wins it. I envy him. In his prime, it was like watching a bald eagle soaring through the canopy of a forest filled with "bald eagles." Truly free.

VN Store

Back