The 140th Open Championship

From what I've watched this morning, I don't know if its possible.

Weather.com is saying 80% chance of rain all day and winds of 17-20mph.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Agree. It'd take one heck of a round to separate yourself today. Its just brutal out there. Looks slightly better than hour or two ago though.

Clarke's given up 4 shots on the first 5 holes
putter's letting him down

I wouldn't mind him winning it

Clarke's given up 4 shots on the first 5 holes
putter's letting him down

I wouldn't mind him winning it

I'm sick of the European dominance lately. Until Clarke's putter left him, this morning was starting to feel like a Ryder Cup Saturday morning where we get spanked. Nice to see Rickie and DJ coming on.

Last edited:
agree when their playing US Majors...don't mind seeing a European win the Open..
I am glad to see McIlroy struggle...

Think I'm for Glover. I dig the beard

The beard is awesome. And any guy that finishes four books the week he wins his first major is pretty cool to me. He hit the ball great today, just couldn't putt.

Clarke had one of the best ball striking days i've seen. Ever. He should have run away from the field.

The beard is awesome. And any guy that finishes four books the week he wins his first major is pretty cool to me. He hit the ball great today, just couldn't putt.

Clarke had one of the best ball striking days i've seen. Ever. He should have run away from the field.

the flat stick cost him

I take it u listened to espn commentators today?

Liked the Seve clip, as a kid my grandpa like Seve and Norman, unfortunately he taught me the swing of Miller Barber circa 1989

I love me some Tom Watson.

Hoping Darren can hold on today, he can probably win shooting par or +1. Don't see anyone making a big move scoring wise.

I love me some Tom Watson.

Hoping Darren can hold on today, he can probably win shooting par or +1. Don't see anyone making a big move scoring wise.

I think he'll hold on as long as his putter hangs on...those 3-4 shots he left on the front 9 yesterday have to be in the back of his mind.

then he'll be out the DJ who will be driving it past him all day, so he can't get caught up in that

Dustin might be looking for his ball in the hay alot, too.

Barring a breakdown, winner is coming from the last group. Hopefully Darren doesn't channel his inner Montie.

Chubby Chandler's stable is on a roll
don't remember if it was in SI or Golf magazine, but there was a good article on him a couple of months ago

I'll be pulling for my boy DJ. Hopefully he can get it done this time. He's got to breakthrough eventually, he's got too much talent.

Phil, DJ, Rickie, Glover. Any of those would be good with me.

For perspective on Bray's spring game, I played that day and it was every bit of this bad. Impossible wind conditions. Had a hard time standing to hit a shot. Kept getting blown off of my stance.

Just shutup with the constant loud banter, Phil, and hit the friggin ball.

VN Store

Back