The 2005 Season Discussion Thread

How many wins for the Vols in 2005?

• Total voters

milohimself

RIP CITY
Here's our opportunity to discuss anything and everything surrounding the upcoming 2005 (and hopefully early 2006) season for our Vols, including how many wins for our guys.

I'm going to have to say 11 or 12, we drop one regular season game, win the SECCG and make the Sugar Bowl.

i think, undefeated, national championship. if our 1998 team could do it, so can this team.

Originally posted by vols2345@Apr 10, 2005 5:19 PM
i think, undefeated, national championship. if our 1998 team could do it, so can this team.

our '98 team was supposed to be a 'rebuilding' team

i hope we dont let the hype get to our heads

I have to say to say 12. If we can beat both LSU and UF, then I would say undefeated as long as we don't lose a silly game like ND, Memphis or UAB.....

I wouldn't call ND a "silly" game. I think that Weis is capable of some great things with the Domers.

As long as Corso never picks us :corso: then I say 10....One more year to develop and I say National Championship....

hmmm. I think i will be dissapointed with only 10 wins this year.

I say we kick total tail this year......Got to get past LSU, UF, and UGA and we will have a undefeated season....Who does everyone think we will face in the SECCG this year? Everyone is saying Bammer might win the west this coming year....That would be nice because then we could beat them twice in one year :bammer:

I said 9 but i meant just in the regular season. The schedule is brutal and I'm still not sure about the secondary. Plus UT doesn't usually do well with high expectations.

I think Bama's got the ability to win the west, but I'm going to say LSU probably will win the west. Miles may be new, but he brought his whole crew and LSU has a lot of talent left.

I called it at the end of last season, by prediction is Tennessee vs. Ohio State for the national championship.

Originally posted by vols2345@Apr 10, 2005 5:55 PM
hmmm. I think i will be dissapointed with only 10 wins this year.

comeon chuck. dissapointed?

10 wins is very good. we are still very very young at most positions.

Originally posted by JSB2277+Apr 10, 2005 5:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JSB2277 @ Apr 10, 2005 5:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vols2345@Apr 10, 2005 5:19 PM

our &#39;98 team was supposed to be a &#39;rebuilding&#39; team

i hope we dont let the hype get to our heads [/quote]
I agree, if we dont let the hype go to our heads we have the ability to win 12 or 13 games next year. But there are a lot of questions to answer.

yo come on. lets just call me muhmad the 3rd.

no really though, just call me chuck. my parents call me chucky. I hate being reminded of that.

I voted 13 wins&#33;&#33; With 18 starters back we should be great&#33; Our secondary will be fine Allen can lock down a whole side of the field by himself&#33; And Cory Campbell and who ever else plays safety will be fine along with the other corner we have.

VN Store

Back