The 2005 Season Discussion Thread

How many wins for the Vols in 2005?

• Total voters
I do find myself as a dork sometimes on this place. But its obsessive. My friends think im crazy. My girl is tripping.

freak im suing you. You got to send me to rehab and get me off this site.

Originally posted by milohimself@Apr 10, 2005 6:34 PM
I wouldn't call ND a "silly" game. I think that Weis is capable of some great things with the Domers.

Yeah I know...we should take the golden domers seriously. Even though leprechauns in general are pretty silly..

I think that Notre Dame will have a winning season for one. I think that Weiss is a very smart coach and he has David Cutcliffe who knows Fulmer like the back of his own hand. I can't really predict how they will play in 2005, but I could imagine that they will better prepared and well coached.

There is no doubt that playing in South Bend will be a challenge. Where Tennessee has the advantage is the talent. We are will have better athletes and hopefully a deeper bench. As long as we don't lose our QB again, we should be fine. Fulmer and the team will be prepared. Ainge has proven that he can play in hostile enviroments and he will only be better this year..

With all due respect to Weiss and Cutcliffe, if we have the defense that I think we are going to have....ND won't be able to do much and it won't matter who their coach is. So all our offense will need to do is put some points up and we know they will be capable of that.

I don't think so....they are not scheduled in 2006 anyway.

well lets add the shcaeffer and smith altercation to this discussion.

how is this going to affect our season?

and dont say "oh its fine they will not get kicked off"..

fulmer is bad for that. remember onterrio smith. james banks. etc......

those were top notch players..fulmer has his way....if manning would have screwed up he would have been booted. this is fumer's team. no one elses.

Honestly, I don't think the loss of Schaeffer is really that big of a hit. I know he was working hard, but he was having to adapt more the UT style of play, and while he was coming along, Ainge is just better suited to the Vols' game. Smith might have some impact, though. We'll see how it plays out.

we need both of them, i have a feeling that brent will be big this year, if he gets to play.

I went with 9 wins but I could see 10 with a bowl game and 11 if we make it to the SEC

I think we have several holes on defense and I love the talent on offense but I am suspect if we show up everyday.

I really am not sure who the 2 losses will be but I expect a 9-2 season, very realistically a 10-1 year with breaks

Originally posted by U-T@Apr 14, 2005 12:03 PM
I think we have several holes on defense and I love the talent on offense but I am suspect if we show up everyday.

I really am not sure who the 2 losses will be but I expect a 9-2 season, very realistically a 10-1 year with breaks

id say our only wholes are our inexperiance at safety. Besides that, i think our defense is gonna be great.

VN Store

Back