The 2019 NFL Season Thread

Anyone getting excited for the XFL? I didn’t care much for the AFL, but Vince McMahon has put a ton of money and time into this venture. Hope it works.

I think his approach is better this time around and they have a much better TV deal than the first attempt and light years better than the TV deals the AAF had. As long as he keeps his word that he's keeping the WWE and all WWE antics out of it, I think it has a chance to make it for a while. I at least think this time it will last more than 1 season. Even the last time they were about to have a second season but McMahon balked when NBC refused to give them the Saturday night prime time game again.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I think his approach is better this time around and they have a much better TV deal than the first attempt and light years better than the TV deals the AAF had. As long as he keeps his word that he's keeping the WWE and all WWE antics out of it, I think it has a chance to make it for a while. I at least think this time it will last more than 1 season. Even the last time they were about to have a second season but McMahon balked when NBC refused to give them the Saturday night prime time game again.
I'd be surprised if it lasts more than a season (I'd imagine he can at least afford to run it for a year).

Reactions: Plecoptera
Yeah, IDK who is better but it is funny to me that nobody seemed to question Wentz's contract but Dak turning down a little less $ was so controversial. FTR, I think $32m is too much for either of them.

To me, the $30m guys are the guys you know will give you a shot at the playoffs even when you have a bad team. There aren't that many of those guys. Russell Wilson = yes. Matt Ryan = no.

How far we've come in 14 months.

VN Store

Back