The anything medical thread.

You've got fever, diarrhea and an open wound. Go get it checked out, now.

. . . and it's a clear cut WC incident. They can't retaliate against you for getting hurt at work.

You've got fever, diarrhea and an open wound. Go get it checked out, now.

. . . and it's a clear cut WC incident. They can't retaliate against you for getting hurt at work.

He can be found at fault if they have him take a drug test & fails & most likely lose his job. Also 3 days after the fact doesn't help regardless.

He can be found at fault if they have him take a drug test & fails & most likely lose his job. Also 3 days after the fact doesn't help regardless.

I agree. He still needs to go the the freaking doctor and skip the WC claim.

Reactions: 2 people

See, I think I'd rather lose my job than my hand, just sayin'.

Just put some Windex on it though. :)

See, I think I'd rather lose my job than my hand, just sayin'.

Just put some Windex on it though. :)

17.80 a hour with a family to support. Js bruh. & honestly I'm at work right now.

I though potheads were lazy. Working his ass off with a hand wound isnt. Move to Colorado. It's legal, so what you do on your own time is no different than having a glass of wine at home.

How much do they pay once you're laying in a hospital and septic?

I'm sure I could get SS. But would I? No. Because I'm able to work. Sure, it maybe common sense to go to the hospital but I didn't start feeling bad till yesterday. In today's world you are replaceable at your job and I don't wanna lose mine. Thanks for your opinion GA. But taking care of my family comes before any of my needs.

I though potheads were lazy. Working his ass off with a hand wound isnt. Move to Colorado. It's legal, so what you do on your own time is no different than having a glass of wine at home.

It'll be legal here in November.. & There is different strands of Marijuana for every single thing. I love smoking. I don't smoke before work nor while my son is around. I'll be on my back porch around 9 rolling and enjoying life.

Last edited:
I though potheads were lazy. Working his ass off with a hand wound isn't. Move to Colorado. It's legal, so what you do on your own time is no different than having a glass of wine at home.

Lazy people are lazy whether they smoke or not.

Go get that hand checked out bro. Looks bad.

Can't play with gators in Colorado. It is different than a glass of wine, it won't get you fired.

Tell your family you love them. Death is imminent.

Or tell your boss hey this happened on job and I don't want to file workmans comp and See if he will cover trip to urgent care.

Reactions: 1 person
It'll be legal here in November.. & There is different strands of Marijuana for every single thing. I love smoking. I don't smoke before work nor while my son is around. I'll be on my back porch around 9 rolling and enjoying life.

If you have salmonella you're possibly in for a 5-7 day ride of fever, diarrhea, and cramps. They typically don't treat it with antibiotics unless you have a high fever that won't subside with Ibuprofin/tylenol, severe dehydration, bloodstream infection. The key is to stay hydrated.
CDC - Diagnosis and Treatment - Salmonella

Some doctors say Ibuprofin works better as a fever reducer.

As for the wound they couldn't do much about it now as no doctor in their right mind would sew up a wound after 24 hours has passed.

Hopefully you debreeded/rinsed it out well when this first happened. Keep it bandaged up and as clean as possible but keep an eye on it.

"If the wound begins to drain yellow or greenish fluid (pus), or if the skin around the wound becomes red, warm, swollen, or increasingly painful; a wound infection may be present and medical care should be sought. Any red streaking of the skin around the wound may indicate an infection in the system that drains fluid from the tissues, called the lymph system. This infection (lymphangitis) can be serious, especially if it is accompanied by a fever. Prompt medical care should be sought if streaking redness from a wound is noticed.
Cuts, Scrapes and Puncture Wounds Symptoms, Causes, Treatment - What are the signs and symptoms of a wound infection? - MedicineNet

I'm no doctor, just offering what I know and have learned.

If this is now the post gross pictures of injuries thread, this is from a few months ago when I introduced a carving gouge to the bone in my hand. I was told 6-12 months for the nerves to regenerate and get feeling back in my finger. I was finally able to get back and finish the spoon I had been working on about two weeks ago.

Attachments

• 20140208_122122.jpg
    20140208_122122.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20140201_185906#1.jpg
    20140201_185906#1.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1
a jar of good aged stump water,taken internally, should kill anything that ails you , I personally prefer Peach or Pumpkin Pie stump water and a band aide :)

It's always the nerves! Those darn things heal slower than anything.

Since salmonella is a food-borne illness, I'll go with the thought that your GI problems are separate from your probably infected wound. As far as your wound goes, soap and water, hydrogen peroxide, Neosporin or some other antibiotic ointment and keep it clean and covered. If your Tetanus shot isn't up to date, you should probably get a booster. Otherwise, monitor for signs of infection: pus, redness around the wound, etc. If it gets to that point, you'll need antibiotics, at minimum, and further eval.

You can get salmonella from animal bites, plus he was handling chicken when he got cut, so that could have transferred it to him.

My hand after it happened. The knife went in at a angle.

How is it looking today? How is your stomach? Did you take the ACV, wasn't kidding about that.

Keep it clean and wrapped while at work, use a triple antibiotic or neosporin as much as possible. I would wear a non-latex glove to prevent any dirt or bacteria from getting in there. Watch for signs of infection. As long as it doesn't get infected it will heal in time, but you need to keep it clean. A wound that size can turn nasty if it gets infected, so pay attention.

VN Store

Back