The Atlanta Braves Thread (Terry Pendleton Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone in here should post a pic of themselves. You start, Ben.

Trendencias_PV2007.jpg

me on the left

Reactions: 1 person
This. What was he choking on?

Pizza. It was a gorgeous summer evening; we were sitting out at a table in front of a pizza place; he was powering through a big thick deep dish pizza. I told him a couple times to slow down. Mrs Verc took the girl in to go to the bathroom, and while they were gone his eyes started bugging out and he started waving his hands around and he couldn't talk or breathe. It was pretty damn terrifying. It took long enough that the guy over at the next table had called 911 by the time I was able to Heimlich out a giant wad of chewed up crust. I was a wreck the rest of the night. Thank God Mrs Verc wasn't there or she'd probably still be running everything they eat through a blender.

Complete 180 turn.

Verc, I'm writing a paper about one of William Faulkner's stories and read some of his other stuff and just can't get into his work. Do you find him to be an enjoyable writer?

He is a great writer but I can't stand reading him. Or at least I couldn't when I was 20. I should try again now that I'm older.

Pizza. It was a gorgeous summer evening; we were sitting out at a table in front of a pizza place; he was powering through a big thick deep dish pizza. I told him a couple times to slow down. Mrs Verc took the girl in to go to the bathroom, and while they were gone his eyes started bugging out and he started waving his hands around and he couldn't talk or breathe. It was pretty damn terrifying. It took long enough that the guy over at the next table had called 911 by the time I was able to Heimlich out a giant wad of chewed up crust. I was a wreck the rest of the night. Thank God Mrs Verc wasn't there or she'd probably still be running everything they eat through a blender.

this would be terrifying. anytime i'm around a kid and they cough while eating something i freak out a little.

Damn thats scary. Good job.

Wow that's crazy. I'm sure that was terrifying.

He is a great writer but I can't stand reading him. Or at least I couldn't when I was 20. I should try again now that I'm older.

Maybe because I listen to it everyday but I hate that he actually uses a Southern twang in his writing. It completely distracts me.

this would be terrifying. anytime i'm around a kid and they cough while eating something i freak out a little.

Kids have no interest in chewing their food any more than they absolutely have to to fit it in their mouths. It's a constant battle. I was having to biatch at Junior about it again THE VERY NIGHT AFTER HE ALMOST CHOKED TO DEATH. "Uh, sorry Dad, I forgot." GODD*MMIT KID.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back