The Atlanta Braves Thread (Terry Pendleton Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No not really, it is not their fault that they had to stay in the AAC for another year[

Ohio, Eastern Kentucky, Kentucky, and FIU makes up their OOC schedule. That's on Louisville, and it's why they're going to go undefeated and not play for the national championship.

I get your point, but schedules are made so far in advance that it was put together when they were coming off a 4 win season and were looking at needing victories to get to bowls more than competing for national championships. Also wouldn't mark them down as undefeated yet, I don't think any team in the country would really want to go down to Orlando for a Friday night nationally televised game that UCF has been pointing to since the spring.

Sonny Gray was scuffling in the second because he struck a guy out that would have made it runner on first two outs, according to the announcers.

Yeah they were kicking ass with him.

There aren't a lot of NFL teams that wouldn't suffer if you took away their starting left tackle, their starting RB, and their most versatile defensive lineman. And they still haven't lost a game by more than a TD. I'd still feel pretty good about their chances of coming back for a wild card slot if Julio hadn't gone down.

Sonny Gray was scuffling in the second because he struck a guy out that would have made it runner on first two outs, according to the announcers.

TBS announcers make me hate baseball. Well that and getting knocked out last night

I get your point, but schedules are made so far in advance that it was put together when they were coming off a 4 win season and were looking at needing victories to get to bowls more than competing for national championships. Also wouldn't mark them down as undefeated yet, I don't think any team in the country would really want to go down to Orlando for a Friday night nationally televised game that UCF has been pointing to since the spring.

Yep, UCF might have the best shot at knocking them off. They played South Carolina tough. The UCF QB will play in the NFL, according to Mel kiper.

There aren't a lot of NFL teams that wouldn't suffer if you took away their starting left tackle, their starting RB, and their most versatile defensive lineman. And they still haven't lost a game by more than a TD. I'd still feel pretty good about their chances of coming back for a wild card slot if Julio hadn't gone down.

Ok, I'll be serious and stop trolling you on the Falcons. Julio is a game changer and they probably would've squeezed into a wildcard with him, but giving up all those picks for him has a lot to do with why there is not much talent on the other side of the ball. JMO. Really do hate that he went out, about the only Bama player outside of Warmack (by default) that I like.

So Miguel Cabrera with a hurt leg is doing exactly what a rod did with a hurt let last postseason, right?

Ok, I'll be serious and stop trolling you on the Falcons. Julio is a game changer and they probably would've squeezed into a wildcard with him, but giving up all those picks for him has a lot to do with why there is not much talent on the other side of the ball. JMO. Really do hate that he went out, about the only Bama player outside of Warmack (by default) that I like.

I don't disagree at all about that trade. The irony is that the Falcons' GM is a good drafter, which makes all those missing picks even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back