The Atlanta Braves Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Braves postgame show should really be a little better. Jerome Jurenovich is awkward as hell. Brian Jordan is to the English language what Chef Boyardee is to fine Italian cuisine. Paul Byrd sounds like he's coming off a bender. You basically leave it on with the volume low and hope to look up in time to see what Elizabeth Moreau is wearing that night.
Here's a vote for drunken Chipper.

@Braves: Today's lineup vs. PIT (12:10, SS/680AM/BRN): Simmons 6 Heyward 9 CJohnson 5 Freeman 3 Gattis 7 Laird 2 Uggla 4 BUpton 8 Teheran 1

Lol Frediot. Nothing wrong with playing some bench guys, but at least shuffle the order some. Johnson 3rd and Laird anywhere other than 8th is pretty funny.

We have the second best record in baseball.

That was what I was trying to get at yesterday. It ain't always pretty with these guys (and Fredi) but, for the most part, it's been more fun than not. Come in this thread on the wrong day and you'd think we were 10 games under .500

That was what I was trying to get at yesterday. It ain't always pretty with these guys (and Fredi) but, for the most part, it's been more fun than not. Come in this thread on the wrong day and you'd think we were 10 games under .500

Very true.

However we started 12-1 and are 24-21 since. Including a current 4 game win streak. I understand arbitrary endpoints can paint any picture you want them to, but we have played much more like a .500 team than a .620 team. Our roster should be much better than .500, thus the concern.

Lol thread wouldn't be the same if we weren't in the middle of some kind of a crisis every 3rd day.

Very true.

However we started 12-1 and are 24-21 since. Including a current 4 game win streak. I understand arbitrary endpoints can paint any picture you want them to, but we have played much more like a .500 team than a .620 team. Our roster should be much better than .500, thus the concern.

Completely agree and, despite Dbake's attempts at reverse jinx/waving the white flag, I'm still no where near comfortable no matter how big the lead in the division. However, I don't think we're 12-1 good but I don't think we're 24-21 bad either. Obviously the situation in the bullpen has me much more concerned than I was 2 months ago but between Gattis, Jblaze, Magic Bean, FFF, JmfUp, Juilo, Kimbrel and a few others I've had a lot more fun this season than not. Sure, I wish JHey and BJ were on that list too but I'm hoping that will start to come around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back