The Atlanta Braves Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy for a level headed person with perspective to say. From many, many accounts, aaron Hernandez seems to be about that life and has been.

"I love you guys, but I can't be around you when you talk about this stuff anymore. See you later back at the house." How hard is that?

If you're involved with people of the nature he is involved with, I imagine harder than we would think. In all serious, the pressure to be "real" with your crew if they are those type of people can be overwhelming, mostly out of fear and loyalty

What crazy is this dumb a hole blew his buddy's eye out apparently, and wasn't charged or mentioned until a suit dropped.

Hernandez has an infant daughter at home. Which makes his actions even more vile and disgusting.

Easy for a level headed person with perspective to say. From many, many accounts, aaron Hernandez seems to be about that life and has been.

I would think you could be as hard and coldblooded a gangster crew as there is and still understand perfectly that the gravy train doesn't last unless the money guy keeps his own personal hands clean. Everybody in Hernandez's group should know that. There's no way Hernandez himself should have been in that car.

I have no idea the type of place or circumstances he grew up in, but most people are about that life because those people that do bad things were the only ones who would accept him growing up. He may not have had good influences to steer him in the right direction. But if you grew up with those type of people, they are essentially your family, and we all have those family members who we shold remove ties with but don't, because we care about them. This may not be the case but it is common in most gangs

I would think you could be as hard and coldblooded a gangster crew as there is and still understand perfectly that the gravy train doesn't last unless the money guy keeps his own personal hands clean. Everybody in Hernandez's group should know that. There's no way Hernandez himself should have been in that car.

Agree completely but also..

I have no idea the type of place or circumstances he grew up in, but most people are about that life because those people that do bad things were the only ones who would accept him growing up. He may not have had good influences to steer him in the right direction. But if you grew up with those type of people, they are essentially your family, and we all have those family members who we shold remove ties with but don't, because we care about them. This may not be the case but it is common in most gangs

..agree completely

He is from Bristol, Connecticut. Ever been to Connecticut? Trust me it is not Detroit, Flint or East St. Louis. Not saying it isn't possible but there aren't very many mean streets in Bristol.

If you're involved with people of the nature he is involved with, I imagine harder than we would think. In all serious, the pressure to be "real" with your crew if they are those type of people can be overwhelming, mostly out of fear and loyalty

So you buy an extra house with a pool and a huge TV for everyone to hang out, and you find something else out in public to be doing while your buddies whack this guy. I get that it's extremely difficult to disassociate yourself. I don't get why everyone involved doesn't reflexively understand that Aaron Hernandez himself cannot be personally involved.

He is from Bristol, Connecticut. Ever been to Connecticut? Trust me it is not Detroit, Flint or East St. Louis. Not saying it isn't possible but there aren't very many mean streets in Bristol.
I was just meaning gang situations in general. I have no idea about his situation. Although I did hear the skreets down in Bristol be poppin off

I remember reading an article, I don't think it was connected to Ray Lewis (though it may have been), it seems like it was more about a/some NBA player(s) where they tried to be decent people but also tried not to leave all of their old friends behind. It eventually got to the point where the player went and bailed his friend out of jail (for the last time), gave him a briefcase full of money, and basically told him "We're done".

EDIT: That was a Stephen A. Smith story about a "future HOF" NBA player. TIFWIW

Last edited:
Dood I listened to a crapton of Ice-T albums when I was in college. I know all about gangbanging.

Ahh, I see now, that's why I guess I'm not as knowledgeable about the banging lifestyle as the rest of you guys, most of the rap I listened to in college was from the Native Tongues. I was way more chill as a result.

AcEdr5k.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back