The Atlanta Braves Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish i would have gotten something for it lol. Anyone in here ever sell a card or a piece of sports memorabilia for a good chunk of change?

My grandfather gave me a baseball signed by the entire NY Giants pennant winning team from 1936 (I think that was the year). Unfortunately, back in the days of his youth, the conventional wisdom was to cover the ball in varnish to "preserve" the signatures.

He and I took it to be appraised when I was in HS and were offered $25. Without the varnish he told us he would have given us $2,000.

My grandfather gave me a baseball signed by the entire NY Giants pennant winning team from 1936 (I think that was the year). Unfortunately, back in the days of his youth, the conventional wisdom was to cover the ball in varnish to "preserve" the signatures.

He and I took it to be appraised when I was in HS and were offered $25. Without the varnish he told us he would have given us $2,000.

Damnnn, that sucked

You know and I know that don't mean jack. Play who is playing best at the time and who gives you the best chance to win ball games. Right now, that is J Blaze until he proves otherwise. Have we not needed a lead off hitter? Has BJ not been atrocious with zero signs of improvement. I'm not saying give up on the guy forevs. Sit him down and make him earn the spot back like a man.

How does he "earn the spot back" from the bench? This isn't football, where he can beat guys out in practice in between games. He's not going to get going if he doesn't play, and the Braves are married to that contract for a long time. They have to get him going.

It's still May. The Braves are up 5 games. This is the time to let him try to play through it. I assume if it were October then we'd see either Schafer in center or Gattis in left.

I have a signed Heyward ball, signed Chipper Jersey, signed Peyton picture of him at UT, and a signed Pekka puck.

I love memerobilia, it's just so darn expensive.

Y'all ask yourself a this.. "Do we win today's game with BJ in the lineup?"

The answer is no.

I'd rather win games than run a slumping player out that is handicapping the team. Nothing wrong with him taking a break and revamping his swing without setting himself back by reverting back to bad habits in pressure situations.

I have a signed Heyward ball, signed Chipper Jersey, signed Peyton picture of him at UT, and a signed Pekka puck.

I love memerobilia, it's just so darn expensive.

I got a signed Fulmer football, he signed it at my house when i was 9...i doubt it's worth anything, but its a cool story lol

How does he "earn the spot back" from the bench? This isn't football, where he can beat guys out in practice in between games. He's not going to get going if he doesn't play, and the Braves are married to that contract for a long time. They have to get him going.

It's still May. The Braves are up 5 games. This is the time to let him try to play through it. I assume if it were October then we'd see either Schafer in center or Gattis in left.

I assume you've never heard of pinch hitting, late subs, or defensive replacements or even spot starts. And it is basically June.

I have a basketball signed by Pat Summit, a basketball signed by Dean Smith, and....wait for it....

The football signed by Derek Dooley. Don't hate.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Im sure yall kept it, that's a nice piece to have, worth $25 or not

Absolutely. It'll never be worth anything from a selling standpoint but I will always keep it if for no other reason than he gave it to me. If nothing else, I can (hopefully) give it to my son one day just bc it came from his great grandfather.

Absolutely. It'll never be worth anything from a selling standpoint but I will always keep it if for no other reason than he gave it to me. If nothing else, I can (hopefully) give it to my son one day just bc it came from his great grandfather.

That's awesome

I managed to get a ball signed by all 19 of the players that stopped LSU on the final play a few years back.

I assume you've never heard of pinch hitting, late subs, or defensive replacements or even spot starts. And it is basically June.

I may be a know-nothing, never-played-the-game dumbass, but even I know it's really hard for hitters to establish any sort of a rhythm while they're playing sporadically. He's not going to figure it out getting six at bats a week.

He needs to be sent to the 15-day DL with a phantom injury, take a weekend off without picking a bat up at all, and then "rehab" at Gwinnett for awhile. I'm not going to hold my breath waiting on that to happen either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back