The Atlanta Braves Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you feel the same away about Chris Davis' power numbers?

Also, Brandon hit 2nd last year behind the worst leadoff producing hitters in the big leagues. Therefore, tiny sample size is my guess as to what leads to that low avg. in 2012.

Solid point.

However, he also has two of the best OBP men in the entire sport hitting in front of him, and a guy with some really good pop hitting behind him this year too, giving him more pitches to hit.

O really? His 37 Pre-AS HRs this year isn't "fluky?"

It is, but consistent power surges aren't as much correlated to luck. Davis can easily be a 40-45 HR guy with a .600 slugging in the next five years. Phillips isn't going to be a .400 RISP guy for the next five years.

It is, but consistent power surges aren't as much correlated to luck. Davis can easily be a 40-45 HR guy with a .600 slugging in the next five years. Phillips isn't going to be a .400 RISP guy for the next five years.

Well if BP wasn't at the end of his "prime" I might debate you in that his fall off in avg. with RISP would most likely correlate with Davis' fall off in HRs.

please don't tell me you actually believe he's just SUPER MEGA GOOD suddenly with RISP? Why doesn't he hit like that all the time? errrrmagerd

Reactions: 1 person
Well if BP wasn't at the end of his "prime" I might debate you in that his fall off in avg. with RISP would most likely correlate with Davis' fall off in HRs.

Looking at Brandon Phillips' line this year just shows how crazy baseball can be for players in one year.

He's got a .407 BABIP with RISP, yet can't buy a hit with a .206 BABIP with nobody on. And he's got a .342 BABIP with men on base.

I would agree Davis has been lucky this year. .355 BABIP this year. But he had a .335 BABIP last year. Might be one of those guys that can do that.

Says the guy who wears these;

Might as well write "Not bout that life" on your forehead.

^^^

I guess this isn't considered "trying to provoke someone" amongst all this "solid baseball talk"? Lol. Peace.

We're just having solid baseball talk. No need to try and provoke anybody.

I'll send you a jersey for amnesty I guess.

Looking at Brandon Phillips' line this year just shows how crazy baseball can be for players in one year.

He's got a .407 BABIP with RISP, yet can't buy a hit with a .206 BABIP with nobody on. And he's got a .342 BABIP with men on base.

And one of the many many reason why I love it so much.

^^^

I guess this isn't considered "trying to provoke someone" amongst all this "solid baseball talk"? Lol. Peace.

I'll send you a jersey for amnesty I guess.

Well, Scotty, anytime NATI does post in here, you try and provoke him. You posted that gif/meme, he said it was getting old, then you said "Just like your posting habits." So what would you like me to do here? NATI has behaved since he came back and hasn't done anything.

And I do appreciate the jersey, but that's not going to affect my modding ability. NATI knows he's on a tight least. And if you had a problem with it, report it, and I'll let the other mods take care of it so you won't feel like I'm trying to play favorites. I do enjoy your posts a lot, and think you're a solid poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back