The Atlanta Braves Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wren has probably been in trade talks all night for Laird, R. Johnson, or Juan. I'd actually like to keep Reed, and the 3 catcher thing is pointless. Hopefully Laird, but I wouldn't be mad if it was Juan.

Hope so, the market for Juan can't be great. Especially with him being mired in a horrid stretch.

Reed and Laird are very possible trade candidates, they are really solid steady bench players for their respected positions. Might be able to flip one of those 2 for a live body in the pen down the home stretch.

Hope so, the market for Juan can't be great. Especially with him being mired in a horrid stretch.

Reed and Laird are very possible trade candidates, they are really solid steady bench players for their respected positions. Might be able to flip one of those 2 for a live body in the pen down the home stretch.

Always a market for power

Could be carpenter. Can't pitch a day or two anyway after going three.

Could be, I thought about that. Personally I'd like to have that extra arm in the pen opposed to an extra catcher though.

On second thought, Carpenter will probably stick around until Beachy returns.

Don't you know that JR Graham is bummed. If he didn't strain his shoulder he would be the one on his way to the mothership. Either way, hope he gets healthy quick. Really, don't think Wren intended to get Wood to the show this quick.

You think this will be Floyd's last fight?

I'd say there is almost no way this is his last fight. A) He's still the best fighter in his general vicinity when it comes to weight. B) His defense is so elite that he doesn't really have the mileage on him that you'd normally assume for a fighter his age. C) People will continue to line up to fight him because it will continue to be the biggest pay day everyone of his opponents will ever receive and he will still continue to get $50+ million every time out. (And no matter what he says and how much money he continues to spend and gamble, the IRS and Floyd definitely don't see eye to eye on a few issues and I think he knows he still needs to be making significant amounts of money)

That being said, it would be interesting to see what happened if Canelo can pull off the upset. I seriously doubt he can but he has youth and power on his side by a wide margin, only problem is that he still doesn't have much in the way of experience. As impressive as he has looked so far in his career, only Austin Trout was an actually impressive fighter that he did it against.

I'm your friend and ally. Nobody I hate worse than the Penguins other than the University of Alabama.

I knew I could count on you for support Verc.

Will be an interesting series, our D is definitely our strongest asset but, if they are rolling, their O can be down right scary.

I'm going to wager that Juan is the man to go. DOB's tweet yesterday about how much (and how poorly) Juan had been playing made me think of something. Perhaps they were trying/hoping to increase his trade value, knowing he was going to get squeezed out in the near future?

I love how LeBron and David West were both fined for flopping on the same play.

ku-xlarge.gif

As always, nothing will change without suspensions. I'm not surprised at all that the tone has changed and players are willing to be matter of fact about it. It works and there are no significant repercussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back