The Atlanta Braves Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm down. Yes we were always 3rd at best with Kitt. Malone Booth Lauderdale and Kamara are the most likely for receivers right now if one were to commit

This is true. We also can get more commitments this year than Texas, UGA, Bama, LSU, Ohio St, and Notre Dame. I don't think we will finish number one, but with us being able to take more we can make top 5 and top 3 SEC

I'm not really a recruiting junkie, but don't most recruiting services cap the # of recruits that go into your ranking? Like only the top 18 or 20 count?

So that means being allowed more recruits won't help our ranking, necessarily.

I do agree with Scotty, though, that this is a huge improvement. I just don't want people expecting us to finish top 5 in recruiting just because we are at the top at this early stage.

But the fact that we are getting all these guys this early means we are getting who BJ wants. Not our #2 and #3 choices.

I'm not really a recruiting junkie, but don't most recruiting services cap the # of recruits that go into your ranking? Like only the top 18 or 20 count?

So that means being allowed more recruits won't help our ranking, necessarily.

I do agree with Scotty, though, that this is a huge improvement. I just don't want people expecting us to finish top 5 in recruiting just because we are at the top at this early stage.

But the fact that we are getting all these guys this early means we are getting who BJ wants. Not our #2 and #3 choices.

I agree with what you said too, but I still think this class will be easy top 10 and very close to top 5 if not in the top 5. Which will be great. Its just nice to be able to have this conversation considering where we were back in November.

I hope this is for the best. I still think 3 catchers or 6 outfielders is too many.

One last #juanbomb for me

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 38
@FOX5Sports: Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez on benching B.J. Upton, Heyward, and Uggla: "We just have to do what's best for the team."

Sounds like Fredi is getting a little flustered with the recent poor play.

Reactions: 1 person
The fundamental problem with the roster is that Gattis makes the Laird contract superfluous. All this other crap is due to the Braves' inability to deal with the sunk cost fallacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back