The Atlanta Braves Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I have been wearing a BJ Upton shirsey since 4pm ET on Saturday. We just hit the 49 hr mark. Melvin Emmanuel will not be denied.

I do have to give their aquarium props. My kids love it and it's a lot easier than Atlanta.

Yes, definitely. Better overall layout and thought went into it's design and experience. Oh, and it's not in downtown, fookin' Atlanta -- always a plus.

I do have to give their aquarium props. My kids love it and it's a lot easier than Atlanta.

I don't like that aquarium at all. It's heavily limited by being mostly local animals, but more importantly it (like most aquaria) is one long winding path, meaning you can't go back to anything if you want to -- which my kids always wanted to. I used to take the boy to the Atlanta aquarium at least twice a month; the heavy traffic is seasonal, predictable, and therefore easily avoidable if you live in town.

Yes, definitely. Better overall layout and thought went into it's design and experience. Oh, and it's not in downtown, fookin' Atlanta -- always a plus.

What? You take the elevator to the top of the building and you walk on rails down to the bottom. No particular thought went into the layout.

I don't like that aquarium at all. It's heavily limited by being mostly local animals, but more importantly it (like most aquaria) is one long winding path, meaning you can't go back to anything if you want to -- which my kids always wanted to. I used to take the boy to the Atlanta aquarium at least twice a month; the heavy traffic is seasonal, predictable, and therefore easily avoidable if you live in town.

When are those times? I'm assuming the summer months. I'd love to take my girls down there sometime and would prefer to avoid a superbusy time.

When are those times? I'm assuming the summer months. I'd love to take my girls down there sometime and would prefer to avoid a superbusy time.

The big problem, of course, is that it's impossible to avoid crowds if you're stuck going on a weekend. Best time is to go midafternoon on a schoolday, right as the busloads of field-tripping kids are clearing out. In the summer, best to wait until even later. It used to be open till 7 in the summer, but now I think it's open till 9. In other words, don't go on a weekend and don't go in the middle of the day. Tough to do when you're coming from out of town.

What? You take the elevator to the top of the building and you walk on rails down to the bottom. No particular thought went into the layout.

Hence the reason I like it.

I've just never timed it right in Atlanta. Always wall to wall people.

He's just really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really really unlucky.

I really don't want him to go the Jeff Francoeur route, but another month of this and the comparisons are going to start.

Other chief NL ROY competition: Ryu, Shelby Miller, Jedd Gyorko, Jose Fernandez, Didi Gregorious.

Truly, it's a 3 man race at this point, IMO, in Gattis-Miller (in some order) and Ryu. The other three I mentioned would have to put up some really good numbers over the remainder of the season to surpass the top 3. Of course, my current top 3 could begin to falter.

Last edited:
Gattis has had exactly 6 HR and 16 RBI in each month thus far. Extrapolated over 6 months would be 36 HR 96 RBI. I figure probably 22 HR 68 RBI could be a more accurate final tally, which would still be excellent numbers for a rookie with part-time ABs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back